Subject: [DNSOP] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc4641bis-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 15:48:29 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Domain Name System Operations Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : DNSSEC Operational Practices, Version 2
	Author(s)       : Olaf M. Kolkman
                          W. (Matthijs) Mekking
                          SIDN Labs
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc4641bis-12.txt
	Pages           : 81
	Date            : 2012-07-16

Abstract:
   This document describes a set of practices for operating the DNS with
   security extensions (DNSSEC).  The target audience is zone
   administrators deploying DNSSEC.

   The document discusses operational aspects of using keys and
   signatures in the DNS.  It discusses issues of key generation, key
   storage, signature generation, key rollover, and related policies.

   This document obsoletes RFC 4641 as it covers more operational ground
   and gives more up-to-date requirements with respect to key sizes and
   the DNSSEC operations.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc4641bis

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc4641bis-12

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc4641bis-12

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Matthijs Mekking <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 15:57:30 +0200

Hi,

Apparently, there went something wrong with the authors. That's what
you get when you submit it just before the cut off date.

The authors section should be:

                          R. (Miek) Gieben

Best regards,
  Matthijs

On 07/17/2012 12:48 AM, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
> directories. This draft is a work item of the Domain Name System
> Operations Working Group of the IETF.
> 
> Title           : DNSSEC Operational Practices, Version 2 Author(s)
> : Olaf M. Kolkman W. (Matthijs) Mekking SIDN Labs Filename        :
> draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc4641bis-12.txt Pages           : 81 Date
> : 2012-07-16
> 
> Abstract: This document describes a set of practices for operating
> the DNS with security extensions (DNSSEC).  The target audience is
> zone administrators deploying DNSSEC.
> 
> This document obsoletes RFC 4641 as it covers more operational
> ground and gives more up-to-date requirements with respect to key
> sizes and the DNSSEC operations.
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________ DNSOP mailing list 
> [email-masked] https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dnsop
>

---

From: Peter Koch <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 16:23:25 +0200

Dear WG,

> 	Filename        : draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc4641bis-12.txt

this version -12 is the result of a thorough NITS review and some late but
helpful comments by Alfred and Marc.  Also, per the request of the document editors
we appointed Miek Gieben as the third document editor.  Even though
this happened late in the game, your chairs believe it is in line with
IETF custom and reflects Miek's editorship of 4641 as well as his
contribution to this -12 version.

The next step is the PROTO writeup that accompanies the submission of the
draft to the IESG, including a final pass on the draft.

In the meantime I'd like to encourage the WG to review the editorial

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc4641bis

We're not looking for additional topics or typos but would appreciate
a quick confirmation that the changes between 11 and 12 are OK and,
more importantly, did not introduce errors.

Regards,
  Peter