Subject: [DNSOP] Questions regarding draft-jabley-dnssec-trust-anchor-07

From: Daniel Migault <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 16:01:48 +0200

Hi,

I went through the draft
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jabley-dnssec-trust-anchor-07 and have a
comments and questions.

Section provides 3 urls example with the key work "key-label". Maybe it
would be helpful to designate it as "key-digest-id" as we get it from  the
following line: <KeyDigest id="Kjqmt7v"
validFrom="2010-07-15T00:00:00+00:00">

Then I have other questions regarding the format of the certificate. Maybe
some text should be added to clarify these points.

1) Why KeyUsage is not specified. This field is Critical, and I would have
expected to have these two values: digitalSignature (0) and nonRepudiation
(1), as it signs the ZSK.

2)  Why do not you use a Subject Alternative Name with the DNS name = the
fqdn of the zone. This informational field would bind the KSK  with the
zone. The CN string format "Root Zone KSK 2010-06-16T21:19:24+00:00", could
be considered as a description.

3) Is there any reasons to put CN "Root Zone KSK 2010-06-16T21:19:24+00:00"
instead of the exact name of the zone, i.e in our case: "."

4) What are the motivations for resourceRecord? Is that to specify the
usage and the Subject Alternative Name? I understand it as a private
attribute. Am I right?

Best Regards,
Daniel

-- 
Daniel Migault
Orange Labs -- Security
+33 6 70 72 69 58