Subject: [DNSOP] Reminder: Workshop on DNS Future Root Service Architecture, Hong Kong, December 8-9, 2014

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2014 14:54:02 -0500

Hi all,

A reminder that, if you are coming to the "Workshop on DNS Future Root
Service Architecture, Hong Kong, December 8-9, 2014" meeting to please
let Paul Vixie <[email-masked]> or myself Warren Kumari
<[email-masked]> know.

We have a room block at venue hotel. To reserve a room in this block,
visit the URL shown below:
https://bookings.ihotelier.com/The-Mira-Hong-Kong/bookings.jsp?hotelID=85171&groupID=1333820
If you have reserved a room at the conference hotel, *and did not use
the signup link*, please let us know, so we can associate you with our
room block[0].

Participants are invited to submit proposals for several open slots,
with final selection to be made during the workshop itself.

The current agenda:

Monday:
0900-0910: Welcome from ISOC-HK (local host)
0910-0915: Welcome from ZDNS/BII (sponsor)
0915-0920: Welcome from CNNIC (sponsor)
0920-0930: Logistics and late agenda changes (co-chairs)
0930-0945: Current problem statement (co-chairs)
0945-1030: Decreasing Access Time to Root Servers by Running One on
Loopback (W. Kumari, P. Hoffman)
(present current draft, field questions and objections, propose text
or logic revisions)
1030-1100: Break (coffee)
1100-1145: How to scale the DNS root system? (X. Li, P. Vixie)
(present current draft, field questions and objections, propose text
or logic revisions)
1145-1230: Open discussion of the two drafts, with expected
refinements to the problem statement
1230-1400: Lunch (hosted)
1400-1430: Testbed for IPv6-only DNS development (Dr. Linjian Song, BII Lab)
1430-1500: Evolution of DNS root zone operation and management (Dr.
Declan Ma, ZDNS Lab)
1500-1530:  Offering DNS root zone on unmanaged anycast: comparisons
with AS112 (Paul Hoffman)
1530-1600:  Integrity protection for entire zones (Presented TBD)
1600-1700: Open (proposals welcome, workshop participants to decide in
the moment)
1700-1900: (Unscheduled private time)
1900-2200: Dinner (hosted)

Tuesday:
0900-0930: Summary of day 1, new issues, closed issues, opened issues
(co-chairs)
0930-1030: Summary of changes to text of Internet Drafts accepted
during workshop
1030-1100: Break (coffee)
1100-1230: Open (proposals welcome, workshop participants to decide in
the moment)
1230-1400: Lunch (hosted)

Thank you, and sorry for the interruption.

W

-- 
I don't think the execution is relevant when it was obviously a bad
idea in the first place.
This is like putting rabid weasels in your pants, and later expressing
regret at having chosen those particular rabid weasels and that pair
of pants.
   ---maf