Subject: Re: [DNSOP] P2P Names Draft 03

From: Christian Grothoff <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 11:01:57 +0200

On 12/27/2014 01:24 PM, Mark Nottingham wrote:
> Hi Christian and Jake,
>
> We’ve still been discussing this in IETF-land. To reiterate - putting
> all six TLDs into one draft is killing your chances of succeeding.
>
> I’m starting to hear people talking about creating a separate draft
> to do just that. If either or both of you would like to help out with
> that, I’m sure they’d be very welcoming; people don’t want to set up
> competing drafts unnecessarily.
>
> Tell me what you think.

Dear Mark (and other dnsop'ers),

I've now (after discussions with the other authors) followed Mark's
original suggestion and split up the draft into four separate drafts.
Naturally, as ".onion" already exists, we've left this one out. As
".gnu" and ".zkey" are both for the GNU Name system, we've left those
two together for now.  Note that for Tor, we still need ".exit", so this
results in four additional drafts for discussion, hopefully at IETF 93.
Also, please note that the Tor project is working on OnionNS, which
would add another pTLD ".tor", but as this is still a bit premature, we
didn't write a draft for ".tor".

Hellekin was wondering if we should do the split drafts in the
".onion"-style with very little details and justifications, or in the
original style with more explanations.  For now, we have the "long"
versions, but, especially if desired, *friendly* "competing" short
versions without justifications might be prepared a bit later.

A new version of I-D, draft-grothoff-iesg-special-use-p2p-bit-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Christian Grothoff and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-grothoff-iesg-special-use-p2p-bit
Revision:	00
Title:		Special-Use Domain Name for Namecoin
Document date:	2015-06-30
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		10
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-grothoff-iesg-special-use-p2p-bit-00.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-grothoff-iesg-special-use-p2p-bit/
Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-grothoff-iesg-special-use-p2p-bit-00

Abstract:
   This document registers a Special-Use Domain Name for use with the
   Namecoin system, as per RFC6761.

                   A new version of I-D,
draft-grothoff-iesg-special-use-p2p-exit-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Christian Grothoff and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-grothoff-iesg-special-use-p2p-exit
Revision:	00
Title:		The .exit Special-Use Domain Name of Tor
Document date:	2015-06-30
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		9
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-grothoff-iesg-special-use-p2p-exit-00.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-grothoff-iesg-special-use-p2p-exit/
Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-grothoff-iesg-special-use-p2p-exit-00

Abstract:
   This document registers a Special-Use Domain Name for use with the
   Tor Project, as per RFC6761.

A new version of I-D, draft-grothoff-iesg-special-use-p2p-gns-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Christian Grothoff and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-grothoff-iesg-special-use-p2p-gns
Revision:	00
Title:		Special-Use Domain Names of the GNU Name System
Document date:	2015-06-30
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		10
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-grothoff-iesg-special-use-p2p-gns-00.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-grothoff-iesg-special-use-p2p-gns/
Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-grothoff-iesg-special-use-p2p-gns-00

Abstract:
   This document registers a set of Special-Use Domain Names for use
   with Peer-to-Peer (P2P) systems, as per RFC6761.

Name:		draft-grothoff-iesg-special-use-p2p-i2p
Revision:	00
Title:		Special-Use Domain Names for I2P
Document date:	2015-06-30
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		9
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-grothoff-iesg-special-use-p2p-i2p-00.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-grothoff-iesg-special-use-p2p-i2p/
Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-grothoff-iesg-special-use-p2p-i2p-00

Abstract:
   This document registers a Special-Use Domain Name for use with the
   I2P Peer-to-Peer system, as per RFC6761.

Best regards,

Christian