Subject: [DNSOP] Last Call: <draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc6598-rfc6303-05.txt> (Add 100.64.0.0/10 prefixes to IPv4 Locally-Served DNS Zones Registry.) to Best Current Practice

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2015 18:49:50 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Domain Name System Operations WG
(dnsop) to consider the following document:
- 'Add 100.64.0.0/10 prefixes to IPv4 Locally-Served DNS Zones Registry.'
  <draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc6598-rfc6303-05.txt> as Best Current Practice

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-11-23. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   RFC6598 specified that: "Reverse DNS queries for Shared Address Space
   addresses [100.64.0.0/10] MUST NOT be forwarded to the global DNS
   infrastructure."

   This document formally directs IANA to add the associated zones to
   the "IPv4 Locally-Served DNS Zones Registry" to prevent such queries
   accidently leaking to the global DNS infrastructure.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc6598-rfc6303/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc6598-rfc6303/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.