Subject: [DNSOP] I-D Action: draft-andrews-dns-no-response-issue-16.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2015 15:37:39 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Domain Name System Operations Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : A Common Operational Problem in DNS Servers - Failure To Respond.
        Author          : M. Andrews
	Filename        : draft-andrews-dns-no-response-issue-16.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2015-11-26

Abstract:
   The DNS is a query / response protocol.  Failure to respond or to
   respond correctly to queries causes both immediate operational
   problems and long term problems with protocol development.

   This document identifies a number of common classes of queries to
   which some servers either fail to respond or else respond
   incorrectly.  This document also suggests procedures for TLD and
   other similar zone operators to apply to help reduce / eliminate the
   problem.

   The document does not look at the DNS data itself, just the structure
   of the responses.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-andrews-dns-no-response-issue/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-andrews-dns-no-response-issue-16

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-andrews-dns-no-response-issue-16

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Mark Andrews <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2015 11:01:11 +1100

Most of the tests now contain references to the relevent sections
of the RFCs being tested.

Seperated the tests that cover Basic DNS behaviour and Extended DNS
behaviour into two sub sections.

Yes, the references to RFC5395 needs to be updated to the latest
RFC6195 before anyone tells me.

-- 
Mark Andrews, ISC
1 Seymour St., Dundas Valley, NSW 2117, Australia
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: [email-masked]