Subject: [DNSOP] 6761bis Design Team Lead

From: Tim Wicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2015 16:40:26 +0900

All,

In the interests of supporting the 6761 design team moving forward, 
we’re naming a lead for it— someone whose job is not only to participate 
in the work as he’s able, but to enable progress for the entire team.

Ralph Droms has significant history with the 6761 issues (he was the AD 
who shepherded the document and is eager to be helpful in improving the 
situation we find ourselves in) and extensive experience making sure 
progress occurs in IETF design teams and WGs. We’ve asked him to lead 
the design team and he has accepted.

Ralph, thank you for taking on this particular bit of cat-herding.

The chairs will of course continue to monitor activities and progress.

thanks,

Suzanne/Tim

---

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2015 03:06:04 -0500

On Sun, Nov 1, 2015 at 2:40 AM, Tim Wicinski <[email-masked]> wrote:
> All,
>
> In the interests of supporting the 6761 design team moving forward, we’re
> naming a lead for it— someone whose job is not only to participate in the
> work as he’s able, but to enable progress for the entire team.
>
> Ralph Droms has significant history with the 6761 issues (he was the AD who
> shepherded the document and is eager to be helpful in improving the
> progress occurs in IETF design teams and WGs. We’ve asked him to lead the
> design team and he has accepted.
>

Great.

The chairs also asked for volunteers for the design team on October
8th; a number of people volunteered - it would be nice to know what
happened with that.

Sorry for sounding frustrated, but, well, I'm a bit frustrated...
W

>
> thanks,
>
> Suzanne/Tim
>
> _______________________________________________
> DNSOP mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dnsop

-- 
I don't think the execution is relevant when it was obviously a bad
idea in the first place.
This is like putting rabid weasels in your pants, and later expressing
regret at having chosen those particular rabid weasels and that pair
of pants.
   ---maf

---

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2015 12:26:14 +0900

On Sun, Nov 01, 2015 at 03:06:04AM -0500,
 Warren Kumari <[email-masked]> wrote 

> Sorry for sounding frustrated, but, well, I'm a bit frustrated...

Me too :-(

---

From: hellekin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2015 18:03:26 +0000

>> Sorry for sounding frustrated, but, well, I'm a bit frustrated...

The request for volunteers was made one month ago.  Is there a design
team now?  It would be interesting at least to know how many people
showed interest in working on a revision of RFC6761.

(I see the pattern, every week someone new will ask, and at some point,
we'll have an answer :)

==
hk

---

From: Joe Abley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2015 13:09:58 -0500

Hey,

What I heard last week was that the chairs had a list of volunteers
and had just found someone to lead the effort (Ralph), and that we
should expect an announcement shortly.

Given the lack of free time during IETF week and the confluence of
ICANN, IETF and IGF events all somewhat back-to-back, I think a
generous allowance for what "shortly" means is not unreasonable.

Joe

(Sorry for poor posting hygiene, using phone on plane)

Aue Te Ariki! He toki ki roto taku mahuna!

> On Nov 9, 2015, at 13:03, hellekin <[email-masked]> wrote:
>