Subject: [DNSOP] RFC 7816 on DNS Query Name Minimisation to Improve Privacy

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 17:49:35 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7816

        Title:      DNS Query Name Minimisation to 
                    Improve Privacy 
        Author:     S. Bortzmeyer
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 23941
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dnsop-qname-minimisation-09.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7816

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7816

This document describes a technique to improve DNS privacy, a
technique called "QNAME minimisation", where the DNS resolver no
longer sends the full original QNAME to the upstream name server.

This document is a product of the Domain Name System Operations Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC