Subject: [DNSOP] RFC 7766 on DNS Transport over TCP - Implementation Requirements

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2016 11:43:04 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7766

        Title:      DNS Transport over TCP - 
                    Implementation Requirements 
        Author:     J. Dickinson, S. Dickinson,
                    R. Bellis, A. Mankin,
                    D. Wessels
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Characters: 40616
        Obsoletes:  RFC 5966
        Updates:    RFC 1035, RFC 1123

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dnsop-5966bis-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7766

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7766

This document specifies the requirement for support of TCP as a
transport protocol for DNS implementations and provides guidelines
towards DNS-over-TCP performance on par with that of DNS-over-UDP.
This document obsoletes RFC 5966 and therefore updates RFC 1035 and
RFC 1123.

This document is a product of the Domain Name System Operations Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC