Subject: [DNSOP] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dnsop-no-response-issue-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2016 11:05:04 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Domain Name System Operations of the IETF.

        Title           : A Common Operational Problem in DNS Servers - Failure To Respond.
        Author          : M. Andrews
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dnsop-no-response-issue-03.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2016-04-06

Abstract:
   The DNS is a query / response protocol.  Failure to respond or to
   respond correctly to queries causes both immediate operational
   problems and long term problems with protocol development.

   This document identifies a number of common kinds of queries to which
   some servers either fail to respond or else respond incorrectly.
   This document also suggests procedures for TLD and other similar zone
   operators to apply to help reduce / eliminate the problem.

   The document does not look at the DNS data itself, just the structure
   of the responses.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-no-response-issue/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-no-response-issue-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dnsop-no-response-issue-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/