Subject: [DNSOP] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dnsop-maintain-ds-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2016 20:23:15 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Domain Name System Operations of the IETF.

        Title           : Managing DS records from parent via CDS/CDNSKEY
        Authors         : Olafur Gudmundsson
                          Paul Wouters
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dnsop-maintain-ds-02.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2016-04-03

Abstract:
   RFC7344 specifies how DNS trust can be partially maintained in-band
   between parent and child.  There are two features missing in that
   specification: initial trust setup and removal of trust anchor.  This
   document addresses both these omissions.

   Changing a domain's DNSSEC status can be a complicated matter
   involving multiple unrelated parties.  Some of these parties, such as
   the DNS operator, might not even be known by all organizations
   involved.  The inability to disable DNSSEC via in-band signalling is
   seen as a problem or liability that prevents some DNSSEC adoption at
   large scale.  This document adds a method for in-band signalling of
   this DNSSEC status changes.

   Initial trust is considered a much harder problem, this document will
   seek to clarify and simplify the initial acceptance policy.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-maintain-ds/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-maintain-ds-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dnsop-maintain-ds-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/