Subject: [DNSOP] Kathleen Moriarty's Discuss on draft-ietf-dnsop-maintain-ds-03: (with DISCUSS)

From: "Kathleen Moriarty" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2016 06:09:30 -0700

Kathleen Moriarty has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-dnsop-maintain-ds-03: Discuss

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-maintain-ds/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
DISCUSS:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall, this draft seems like a very useful and helpful draft.  In
reading it, I would like to see some security considerations around the
methods in section 3, in particular section 3.2, which is the loosest. 
Just seeing that the domain has been transferred seems like a risky check
to rely on to me.  The risks of using these proposed methods should be
stated.  Thanks.