Subject: Re: [DNSOP] Tell me about the ISO 3166 user assigned two-letter codes and TLDs

From: "John R Levine" <[email-masked]>
Date: 29 Sep 2016 18:28:21 -0400

>> I suppose I could use jrl.alt, but I wouldn't want to use plain .alt for
>> fear of, if you'll pardon the phrase, name collisions.

>Name collisions may occur at any delegation point - why do you think the
>root zone is special in this regard?

The point of .alt as I understand it is to provide a home for future stuff 
like .onion that is intended to be globally visible and usable but not 
resolved through the DNS.

My .qy isn't globablly visible, so I don't care about other local uses of .qy.

R's,
John

---

From: william manning <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 15:51:25 -0700

> My .qy isn't globablly visible, so I don't care about other local uses of
Until it is globally visible...  and there is nothing we can do (ietf)
about that process.

/Wm