Subject: [DNSOP] Protocol Action: 'DNSSEC Roadblock Avoidance' to Best Current Practice (draft-ietf-dnsop-dnssec-roadblock-avoidance-05.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2016 06:29:42 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'DNSSEC Roadblock Avoidance'
  (draft-ietf-dnsop-dnssec-roadblock-avoidance-05.txt) as Best Current
Practice

This document is the product of the Domain Name System Operations Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Benoit Claise and Joel Jaeggli.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-dnssec-roadblock-avoidance/

Technical Summary

This document describes problems that a DNSSEC aware resolver or
application  might run into within a non-compliant infrastructure;
outlining potential detection and mitigation techniques.  This
document attempts to create a shared approach to detect and overcome
network issues that a DNSSEC deployment may face.

Document Quality

This document was actively reviewed, though in organized bursts when
the authors were available.  The authors were very actively in
addressing issues brought up and everything brought up both in
meetings and on the mailing list were addressed to satisfaction of 
the working group.

Also, multiple implementations of the compliance checks were written,
including teams not involved with the writing of this draft.  This has 
shown the working group there is a strong consensus from desire for
 these checks to be standardized.

Personnel

Document Shepherd:   Tim Wicinski
Area Director:       Joel Jaggeli