Subject: [DNSOP] Alissa Cooper's No Record on draft-ietf-dnsop-maintain-ds-03: (with COMMENT)

From: "Alissa Cooper" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2016 08:02:53 -0700

Alissa Cooper has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-dnsop-maintain-ds-03: No Record

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-maintain-ds/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Will be following the resolutions of others' DISCUSSes.

One more place where normative language seems inappropriate:

"Turning off DNSSEC reduces the security of the domain and thus should
   only be done carefully, and that decision SHOULD be fully under the
   child domain's control."