Subject: [DNSOP] Update on Current Work

From: tjw ietf <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2016 10:27:01 -0400

All

I wanted to give a quick update to the group on what work I have lined
up in our process queue, and to get people start thinking about
agenda items for Seoul, which is coming up in the next two months.

I will state right now that I've made the decision that we will *not*
be allowing any agenda time for the Special Names discussion (Unless,
of course there is no other work going on).  We should be able to work
this out (or not work this out) on the mailing list, and if need be,
have a virtual interim on it.

We have several drafts that are working toward Working Group Last
Call.   Currently, the drafts (and the general order) are:

# WGLC order

* draft-ietf-dnsop-refuse-any

* draft-ietf-dnsop-nsec-aggressiveuse

* draft-ietf-dnsop-edns-key-tag
    (I need to double check with the authors)

* draft-ietf-dnsop-attrleaf
    (Dave needs to deliver a new version and perhaps
    another iteration.)

* draft-ietf-dnsop-no-response-issue
    (We still outstanding issues)

# Other drafts

* draft-ietf-dnsop-session-signal

    We had some good initial discussion right before adoption but we
    should revisit if there is interest. Mainly, I don't want the
    authors waiting until the document deadline to push changes...

* draft-ietf-dnsop-dns-wireformat-http

    This draft stirred up discussion in other groups, for better or
    worse.  A new mailing list was spun up to discuss the general idea
    of dns over http:

    https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dnsoverhttp

    Though my opinions are that this discussion (and possible work)
    should not interfere too much this draft moving forward.

(and all of this precludes the fact I'm not covering the Special Names
documents)

# New Work

    We have a few requests to have drafts adopted, and I have not
    spent any time looking at them. I will do that, and get
    back to the authors.

questions, comments, complaints, etc are welcome

thanks
tim

---

From: "Paul Hoffman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2016 14:46:53 -0700

As a note to folks trying to follow the state of all the drafts in the 
WG, please see
    https://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/wg/dnsop/doclist.html
Wearing my secretary hat, I try to keep it up to date. For example, as 
Tim and Suzanne put drafts into WG Last Call, I try to update that page 
immediately with both the fact that a draft in is Last Call and the end 
date of the Last Call.

--Paul Hoffman