Subject: [DNSOP] AD Review of draft-ietf-dnsop-algorithm-update

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2019 16:17:07 -0500

Hi there,

Section 1.2.  Updating Algorithm Requirement Levels says:
"[RFC2119] considers the term SHOULD equivalent to RECOMMENDED, and
   SHOULD NOT equivalent to NOT RECOMMENDED.  The authors of this
   document have chosen to use the terms RECOMMENDED and NOT
   RECOMMENDED, as this more clearly expresses the recommendations to
   implementers."

Actually, RFC2119 doesn't really contain NOT RECOMMENDED --- but, RFC8174
("Ambiguity of Uppercase vs Lowercase in RFC 2119 Key Words"), which
updates RFC2119 *does*.

Can the authors please resubmit with the new boilerplate from RFC8174 in
Section 2 (Conventions Used in This Document) and I'll kick off IETF LC.

W
-- 
I don't think the execution is relevant when it was obviously a bad idea in
the first place.
This is like putting rabid weasels in your pants, and later expressing
regret at having chosen those particular rabid weasels and that pair of
pants.
   ---maf

---

From: Paul Wouters <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2019 20:43:28 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 11 Feb 2019, Warren Kumari wrote:

> Actually, RFC2119 doesn't really contain NOT RECOMMENDED --- but, RFC8174 ("Ambiguity of Uppercase vs Lowercase in RFC 2119 Key Words"),
> which updates RFC2119 *does*. 
> 
> Can the authors please resubmit with the new boilerplate from RFC8174 in Section 2 (Conventions Used in This Document) and I'll kick off IETF
> LC.

done:

https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dnsop-algorithm-update-05

Paul