Subject: [DNSOP] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc2845bis-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2019 10:37:29 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Domain Name System Operations WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Secret Key Transaction Authentication for DNS (TSIG)
        Authors         : Francis Dupont
                          Stephen Morris
                          Paul Vixie
                          Donald E. Eastlake 3rd
                          Olafur Gudmundsson
                          Brian Wellington
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc2845bis-03.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2019-03-07

Abstract:
   This document describes a protocol for transaction level
   authentication using shared secrets and one way hashing.  It can be
   used to authenticate dynamic updates as coming from an approved
   client, or to authenticate responses as coming from an approved name
   server.

   No recommendation is made here for distributing the shared secrets:
   it is expected that a network administrator will statically configure
   name servers and clients using some out of band mechanism.

   This document obsoletes RFC2845 and RFC4635.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc2845bis/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc2845bis-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc2845bis-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc2845bis-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Stephen Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2019 19:25:06 +0000

This version of the draft addresses some comments made by Mukund Sivaraman and Peter Phillipp.

Stephen

> On 7 Mar 2019, at 18:37, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> DNSOP mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dnsop