Subject: [DNSOP] Alissa Cooper's Discuss on draft-ietf-dnsop-obsolete-dlv-01: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

From: Alissa Cooper via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2019 09:00:10 -0700

Alissa Cooper has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-dnsop-obsolete-dlv-01: Discuss

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-obsolete-dlv/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
DISCUSS:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

This document needs to incorporate the boilerplate about normative keywords
from RFC 8174 as well as references to RFC 8174 and RFC 2119.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

A couple of suggestions since this is being written for posterity as a
consensus document of the IETF:

s/not every validator actually implements DLV/not every validator actually
implemented DLV/

s/The authors are not aware of any such use of DLV./There are no known uses of
DLV for this./

---

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2019 12:52:40 -0400

Hi there authors,
Do you think that you can get a new version posted by tomorrow morning
addressing these points?
W

-- 
I don't think the execution is relevant when it was obviously a bad
idea in the first place.
This is like putting rabid weasels in your pants, and later expressing
regret at having chosen those particular rabid weasels and that pair
of pants.
   ---maf

---

From: Matthijs Mekking <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2019 10:30:07 +0100

Done.

Matthijs

---

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2019 09:07:30 -0400

Thank you, and thanks to Alissa, both for the DISCUSS contents, and
clearing it so quickly.

W

On Thu, Oct 31, 2019 at 5:30 AM Matthijs Mekking <[email-masked]> wrote:

> >> Please refer to
> https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
I don't think the execution is relevant when it was obviously a bad idea in
the first place.
This is like putting rabid weasels in your pants, and later expressing
regret at having chosen those particular rabid weasels and that pair of
pants.
   ---maf