Subject: [DNSOP] Minutes for 23 April 2020 Interim

From: Tim Wicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2020 21:10:49 -0400

All,

We've uploaded the minutes from today's session (Thanks Paul Hoffman).
They can be found here:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/interim-2020-dnsop-02/materials/minutes-interim-2020-dnsop-02-202004231700.txt

Please check that any comments made are correctly recorded, and let the
chairs know if adjustments need to be made.
<https://github.com/DNSOP/wg-materials/blob/master/dnsop-ietf107/dnsop-ietf107-minutes-2.txt>
Also, please remember we have two open call for adoptions ongoing.  If you
have opinions on these drafts, please speak up.

Avoid Fragmentation:
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/dnsop/oJXlxnhcKNldxVSErWMiqYZiHKw/

Powerbind:
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/dnsop/T5FSbg7gAMl5-94M4e7V6e1qMic/

Thanks
tim

---

From: Paul Wouters <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2020 20:50:39 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 23 Apr 2020, Tim Wicinski wrote:

> We've uploaded the minutes from today's session

Thanks for the minutes. One comment on the GOST comment from Jim:

    Jim: Supports work
         Wants references to old ones to be deprecated

Note that RFC-8624 already made algorithm 12 (ECC-GOST) a "MUST NOT"
for signing and a "MAY" for validation.

I agree that for 8624bis, the MAY should become a MUST NOT. Ideally
after we have the new GOST DNSKEY algorithm. The justification is that
this algorithm has been obsolete for a while now, and there is no real
deployment of it. As far as I know, there were only two domains in .ru
that used it, mostly for testing? Maybe Viktor, Dmitry or Stanislav
could confirm this.

Paul

---

From: Dmitry Belyavsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2020 16:44:11 +0300

Dear Paul,

> that used it, mostly for testing? Maybe Viktor, Dmitry or Stanislav

There were more than 2 domains :)

I see some elements of a vicious circle there.

Lack of support of GOST in DNSSEC software causes a lack of popularity even
in Russia.
So now the standard and its implementation were done simultaneously.

-- 
SY, Dmitry Belyavsky