Subject: [DNSOP] A quick update on ICANN SSAC and .internal...

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2020 17:05:13 -0400

Hi all,

I'd like to provide an update -- back in July 2017 I published
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wkumari-dnsop-internal-00 .
This was presented at IETF100 (slides:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/100/materials/slides-100-dnsop-sessa-draft-wkumari-dnsop-internal-00),
and my reading of the feedback was that I should take this to ICANN
(Jim, Joe, Andrew, Olaf, Ed Chung) -- feedback starts at:
https://youtu.be/DjbBQDMGf9s?t=7921

I followed the DNSOP direction, and ICANN SSAC is currently working on
an advisory on this topic (which SSAC hopes to have published soon).

Due to confidentiality expectations[0], I have refrained from / limited
my discussions on this, but the fact that SSAC is working on this is
in the slidedeck from ICANN 67 -
https://static.ptbl.co/static/attachments/237788/1583951065.pdf?1583951065 .

W

[0]:I checked with the SSAC Admin committee before sending this to make
sure it was OK.

-- 
I don't think the execution is relevant when it was obviously a bad idea in
the first place.
This is like putting rabid weasels in your pants, and later expressing
regret at having chosen those particular rabid weasels and that pair of
pants.
   ---maf