Subject: [DNSOP] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dnsop-dns-tcp-requirements-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 06 May 2020 08:13:30 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Domain Name System Operations WG of the IETF.

        Title           : DNS Transport over TCP - Operational Requirements
        Authors         : John Kristoff
                          Duane Wessels
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dnsop-dns-tcp-requirements-06.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2020-05-06

Abstract:
   This document encourages the practice of permitting DNS messages to
   be carried over TCP on the Internet.  This includes both DNS over
   unencrypted TCP, as well as over an encrypted TLS session.  The
   document also considers the consequences with this form of DNS
   communication and the potential operational issues that can arise
   when this best common practice is not upheld.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-dns-tcp-requirements/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-dns-tcp-requirements-06
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-dns-tcp-requirements-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dnsop-dns-tcp-requirements-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Wessels, Duane" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 May 2020 15:19:36 +0000

Hi DNSOP,

The changes from -05 to -06 of this document include:

- addressing mailing list comments (thank Puneet)
- spelling, grammar, and punctuation editing pass
- added a reference to dnstap

DW

> On May 6, 2020, at 8:13 AM, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
>