Subject: [DNSOP] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-reddy-dnsop-error-page-03.txt

From: tirumal reddy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2020 12:33:55 +0530

Hi all,

This revision https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-reddy-dnsop-error-page-03
addresses
several comments from the WG during the presentation at IETF-108.

Major updates are listed below:

1. Error page URI EDNS0 option to return an URI Template which when
accessed provides the reason the DNS query was filtered.
2. The Error Page URI Template is protected with a signature for data
origin authentication.
3. Mandatory rules (e.g., DoH and strict privacy profile in DoT) to process
the Error page URI EDNS0 option.
4. Updates to security consideration section to discuss threats and
mechanisms to address them.

Further comments and suggestions are welcome.

Cheers,
-Tiru

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2020 at 12:55
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-reddy-dnsop-error-page-03.txt
To: Neil Cook <[email-masked]>, Dan Wing <[email-masked]>,
Tirumaleswar Reddy.K <[email-masked]>, Mohamed Boucadair <
[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-reddy-dnsop-error-page-03.txt
has been successfully submitted by Tirumaleswar Reddy and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-reddy-dnsop-error-page
Revision:       03
Title:          DNS Access Denied Error page
Document date:  2020-08-24
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          16
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-reddy-dnsop-error-page-03.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-reddy-dnsop-error-page/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-reddy-dnsop-error-page-03
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-reddy-dnsop-error-page
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-reddy-dnsop-error-page-03

Abstract:
   When a DNS server filters a query the response conveys no detailed
   explanation of why the query was blocked, leading to end-user
   confusion.  This document defines a method to return an URI that
   explains the reason the DNS query was filtered.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat