Subject: [DNSOP] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-reddy-dnsop-error-page-07.txt

From: tirumal reddy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2021 10:28:31 +0530

Hi all,

This revision https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-reddy-dnsop-error-page-07
addresses comments from the WG during the presentation at IETF-110.

As a reminder, it defines an Error page URI EDNS0 option to return an URI
Template which when accessed provides the reason the DNS query was
filtered. It discusses mandatory rules (e.g., DoH and strict privacy
profile in DoT) to process the Error page URI EDNS0 option.

Further comments and suggestions are welcome.

Cheers,
-Tiru

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2021 at 11:10
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-reddy-dnsop-error-page-07.txt
To: Tirumaleswar Reddy.K <[email-masked]>, Dan Wing <
[email-masked]>, Mohamed Boucadair <[email-masked]>,
Neil Cook <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-reddy-dnsop-error-page-07.txt
has been successfully submitted by Tirumaleswar Reddy and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-reddy-dnsop-error-page
Revision:       07
Title:          DNS Access Denied Error Page
Document date:  2021-04-20
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          14
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-reddy-dnsop-error-page-07.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-reddy-dnsop-error-page/
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-reddy-dnsop-error-page
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-reddy-dnsop-error-page-07
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-reddy-dnsop-error-page-07

Abstract:
   When a DNS server filters a query, the response to such query conveys
   no detailed explanation that elaborates why that query was blocked,
   leading thus to end-user confusion.  A solution to this problem is
   needed in order to enhance the user experience.

   This document defines a method to return an URI that explains the
   reason why a DNS query was filtered by a DNS server.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat