Subject: [DNSOP] Alvaro Retana's Discuss on draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc7816bis-10: (with DISCUSS)

From: Alvaro Retana via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2021 14:40:56 -0700

Alvaro Retana has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc7816bis-10: Discuss

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc7816bis/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
DISCUSS:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a process DISCUSS (directed at the responsible AD).

The datatracker indicates that the intended status of this document is Internet
Standard.  However, two process points are not being followed:

1- The replaced document (rfc7816) is an Experimental RFC.  According to
rfc6410, the Standards Track maturity levels first go through a Proposed
Standard.

2- rfc6410 requires a 4-week IETF LC to move to Internet Standard, but the LC
for this document lasted only 2.

Moving the intended status of this document to Proposed Standard would be one
way to address this DISCUSS.

---

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2021 18:01:39 -0400

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc7816bis/

Whoops, this was my oversight, it was intended to be PS (and I confirmed
with one of the authors). I;ve updated it in the DT.
W

-- 
The computing scientist’s main challenge is not to get confused by the
complexities of his own making.
  -- E. W. Dijkstra

---

From: Alvaro Retana <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2021 22:09:11 +0000

Thanks Warren!

I cleared.

Alvaro.

On August 23, 2021 at 6:02:16 PM, Warren Kumari ([email-masked]) wrote:

---

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2021 18:11:22 -0400

I with all DISCUSS positions were this easy :-)

Thanks!
W