Subject: [DNSOP] Notes from chairs meeting 2021-08-06

From: Tim Wicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2021 22:17:57 -0400

All,

Suzanne, Warren and myself met (Benno on Holiday), and here's the notes
from that meeting.

We are also working through presentation, etc., so please feel free to send
us any feedback.

thanks
tim

----
# Chairs Meeting Notes

This File:
https://github.com/ietf-wg-dnsop/wg-materials/blob/main/chairs-notes-2021.md

Doc Status:
https://github.com/ietf-wg-dnsop/wg-materials/blob/main/dnsop-document-status.md

## 2021-08-06

* [ ] [NAPTR RR References](https://www.iana.org/assignments/dns-parameters)
in IANA Registry Out of Date
    - Email from Amanda
    - Tim will monitor

* [ ] [DNSSEC Bootstrapping Draft](
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-thomassen-dnsop-dnssec-bootstrapping/
)
    - [email-masked]

* [ ] RFC ISE Email on ["Common implementation anti-patterns related to
Domain Name System (DNS) resource record (RR) processing"](
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dashevskyi-dnsrr-antipatterns/)
    - [DNSOP Email](
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/dnsop/y_wtoNwl2jRcoqOBgTOu3KJ9SE4/)
    - Chairs to review
    - [ ] Request WG to review and discuss.

* [ ] draft-sekar-dns-ul
    - https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sekar-dns-ul/
    - suggestion: stay in dns-sd, and reviews from dnsop

* [ ] [draft-ietf-dnsop-avoid-fragmentation](
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-avoid-fragmentation/)
    - value or values, possible interim candidate
    - [ ] Benno to follow up

* [ ] [draft-ietf-dnsop-glue-is-not-optional](
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-glue-is-not-optional/)
    - few issues came up during meeting to address
    - interim candidate
    - [ ] Tim to followup

* [ ] Interims
    - First - week of September 13 - 14, 15
    - Second - week of Pctober 11 - 12, 13, 14
    - [ ] Chairs to send email to DNS letting them know
    - [ ] Figure out agenda.

* [ ] Special Use Domain Names
    - [ ] Talk to Wes, think of next steps
    - [ ] Suzanne to revive "[Guidelines for Use of the Special Use Names
Registry"](https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-stw-6761ext/)
    - [ ] Warren/ Chairs to talk to WG about writing the "solution" part of
["Special-Use Domain Names Problem Statement"](
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc8244)