Subject: [DNSOP] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dnsop-dns-catalog-zones-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2022 14:05:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Domain Name System Operations WG of the IETF.

        Title           : DNS Catalog Zones
        Authors         : Peter van Dijk
                          Libor Peltan
                          Ondrej Sury
                          Willem Toorop
                          Kees Monshouwer
                          Peter Thomassen
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dnsop-dns-catalog-zones-05.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2022-03-07

Abstract:
   This document describes a method for automatic DNS zone provisioning
   among DNS primary and secondary nameservers by storing and
   transferring the catalog of zones to be provisioned as one or more
   regular DNS zones.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-dns-catalog-zones/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-dnsop-dns-catalog-zones-05.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dnsop-dns-catalog-zones-05

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts

---

From: Willem Toorop <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2022 15:51:09 +0100

Dear dnsop,

This draft describes a mechanism for automatic provisioning of zones
among authoritative name servers by way of distributing a catalog of
those zones encoded in a regular DNS zone.

This version's focus was getting ready for WGLC.

This version of the draft deals solely with catalog zones and the
operations involved with them and nothing else. It no longer specifies
the "serial" property (which was an optimization for zone transfers
build upon catalog zones, but not dealing with the catalog itself).

New in this version are global custom properties.

Op 07-03-2022 om 23:05 schreef [email-masked]:
> _______________________________________________
> DNSOP mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dnsop

---

From: Petr Špaček <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2022 13:59:32 +0100

>> 	Filename        : draft-ietf-dnsop-dns-catalog-zones-05.txt

FTR during IETF 113 hackaton we have tested basic interoperability of 
NSD, Knot DNS, and the very last work-in-progress version of BIND with 
success: The basic zone de/provisioning worked as specified without 
using any extensions.

BIND currently does not support the optional "group" property a Knot DNS 
and NSD do not support he optional "coo" property, so we did not really 
test these.

-- 
Petr Špaček