Subject: [DNSOP] Zaheduzzaman Sarker's No Objection on draft-ietf-dnsop-svcb-https-08: (with COMMENT)

From: Zaheduzzaman Sarker via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2022 01:36:27 -0800

Zaheduzzaman Sarker has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-dnsop-svcb-https-08: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/about/groups/iesg/statements/handling-ballot-positions/ 
for more information about how to handle DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-svcb-https/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the efforts on this specification. Thanks to Kyle Rose for his
TSVART reviews, my understanding is those issues are not really transport
related issues and has been addressed.

I am think I am sympathetic to Ben's discuss but also understand this is well
within the HSTS norms. I will be watching that discussion.

I have only one question: My understanding on this specification is - if there
is a record

   _8080._foo.example.com. 3600 IN SVCB 0 foosvc.example.net.

then _foo.example.com must not have any ServiceMode SVCB record. is that
correct? it was not so obvious to me.