Subject: [Doh] I-D Action: draft-ietf-doh-resolver-associated-doh-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2019 22:05:27 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the DNS Over HTTPS WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Associating a DoH Server with a Resolver
        Author          : Paul Hoffman
	Filename        : draft-ietf-doh-resolver-associated-doh-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2019-02-18

Abstract:
   Browsers and web applications may want to know if there are one or
   more DoH servers associated with the DNS recursive resolver that the
   operating system is already using.  This would allow them to get DNS
   responses from a resolver that the user (or, more likely, the user's
   network administrator) has already chosen.  This document describes
   two protocols for a resolver to tell a client what its associated DoH
   servers are.  It also describes a protocol for a client to find out
   the address of the resolver it is using, if it cannot find that
   address by an operating system API or some other means.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-doh-resolver-associated-doh/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-doh-resolver-associated-doh-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-doh-resolver-associated-doh-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2019 15:02:47 +0000

The GitHub repo for the draft is at
   https://github.com/dohwg/draft-ietf-doh-resolver-associated-doh
Given that this is not a complicated draft, but it has lots of parts, I propose that we use the GitHub issue tracker just to note issues, not discuss them: discussions happen here on the list. Pull Requests are accepted (and encouraged for editorial nits), but will be held until before new drafts appear.

--Paul Hoffman