Subject: [Dtls-iot] Fwd: [dice] #6 (profile): Trusted CA Indication

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2014 20:19:42 +0200

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [dice] #6 (profile): Trusted CA Indication
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 15:11:36 -0000
From: dice issue tracker <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked]

#6: Trusted CA Indication

 This RFC 6066 extension allows clients to indicate what trust anchor they
 support. This is useful only when the IoT device has not been pre-
 provisioned with information about the trust anchors the server-side
 supports.

 In most IoT deployments, however, there is a rather fixed relationship
 between the IoT device (and the software running on them) and the server-
 side infrastructure and no such dynamic indication of trust anchors is
 needed.

 Recommendation: General recommendation is that this is not useful. Add
 info in which environment this would add value.

-- 
---------------------------------------+-------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  Hannes Tschofenig
     Type:  defect                     |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major                      |  Milestone:
Component:  profile                    |    Version:
 Severity:  Active WG Document         |   Keywords:
---------------------------------------+-------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/dice/trac/ticket/6>
dice <http://tools.ietf.org/dice/>