Subject: [Dtls-iot] Fwd: [dice] #3 (profile): Perfect Forward Secrecy

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2014 20:19:10 +0200

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [dice] #3 (profile): Perfect Forward Secrecy
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 12:40:07 -0000
From: dice issue tracker <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked]

#3: Perfect Forward Secrecy

 The PSK ciphersuite recommended in the CoAP specification [I-D.ietf-core-
 coap] does not offer this property. [I-D.sheffer-tls-bcp] on the other
 hand recommends using ciphersuites offering this security property.

 What should be said about PFS in this document?

 Recommendation: Leave the recommendation with the ciphersuite suggested in
 the CoAP specification. New ciphersuites might get standardized that offer
 PFS support for PSK and the recommendations for CoAP might get updated.

-- 
---------------------------------------+-------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  Hannes Tschofenig
     Type:  defect                     |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major                      |  Milestone:
Component:  profile                    |    Version:
 Severity:  Active WG Document         |   Keywords:
---------------------------------------+-------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/dice/trac/ticket/3>
dice <http://tools.ietf.org/dice/>