Subject: [Dtls-iot] Fwd: [dice] #9 (profile): Maximum Fragment Length Negotiation

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2014 20:20:04 +0200

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [dice] #9 (profile): Maximum Fragment Length Negotiation
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 15:22:06 -0000
From: dice issue tracker <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked]

#9: Maximum Fragment Length Negotiation

 This extension lowers the maximum fragment length support needed for the
 Record Layer from 2^14 bytes to 2^9 bytes.

 This is a very useful extension that allows the client to indicate to the
 server how much buffers it has. The goal is to allows client
 implementations to make use of much lower RAM since the client does not
 need to accept packets of extremely large size (such as 16k bytes as
 required by plain TLS/DTLS).

 Recommendation: Client implementations must support this extension.

-- 
---------------------------------------+-------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  Hannes Tschofenig
     Type:  defect                     |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major                      |  Milestone:
Component:  profile                    |    Version:
 Severity:  Active WG Document         |   Keywords:
---------------------------------------+-------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/dice/trac/ticket/9>
dice <http://tools.ietf.org/dice/>