Subject: [dtn-security] Security implementation in Prophet rouing

From: Hao Zhuang <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 11:44:45 +0100

Hi all,
We are going to transport the security implementation from* static routing*to
*Prophet routing*. In static routing, keystore files are imported to each
device and dtn software can find the correct destination's public key to
encrypt the symmetric key before sending the bundles. However, in
Propheting routing, how to get the right public key from the destination?
In static routing, dtn configure file
************************************************************************************
<tns:LinksSetting>
<!--  Setup your links here -->
     <tns:Link id="village_tcp_link" conv_layer_type="tcp" dest="
192.168.1.2:4556" type="ONDEMAND"/>
     <tns:Link id="city_tcp_link" conv_layer_type="tcp" dest="
192.168.2.3:4556" type="ONDEMAND"/>
     <tns:Link id="androidLaptop_tcp_link" conv_layer_type="tcp" dest="
192.168.2.25:4556" type="ONDEMAND"/>
     <tns:Link id="androidLaptop_tcp_link_viaVillage" conv_layer_type="tcp"
dest="192.168.1.25:4556" type="ONDEMAND"/>
     <tns:Link id="tattoo_tcp_link" conv_layer_type="tcp" dest="
192.168.1.29:4556" type="ONDEMAND"/>
</tns:LinksSetting>
<!--  Routes Section -->
<tns:RoutesSetting *router_type="static"* local_eid="dtn://
nexus.bytewalla.com"> * // it can get the right destination public keys*
     <!--  Setup your routes here -->
     <tns:Route dest="dtn://village.bytewalla.com/*"
link_id="village_tcp_link"/>
     <tns:Route dest="dtn://city.bytewalla.com/*" link_id="city_tcp_link"/>
     <tns:Route dest="dtn://android.bytewalla.com/*"
link_id="androidLaptop_tcp_link_viaVillage"/>
     <tns:Route dest="dtn://tattoo.bytewalla.com/*"
link_id="tattoo_tcp_link"/>
</tns:RoutesSetting>
************************************************************************************
*Now, in dynamic routing, the configure file is below*
************************************************************************************
<!--  Links Section -->
    <tns:LinksSetting>
        <!--  Setup your links here -->                        *      //nothing
in the link section*
    </tns:LinksSetting>

    <!--  Routes Section -->
    <tns:RoutesSetting *router_type="prophet"* P_encounter="0.5"
                               *   //this is based on prophet routing*
        P_encounter_first="0.25" delta="0.01" alpha="0.5" beta="0.9" K="1"
queuing="Fifo">
        <!--  Setup your routes here -->
    </tns:RoutesSetting>

    <tns:DiscoveriesSetting>
        <!--  Setup your Discovery here -->
        <tns:Discovery id="ipdisc0" address_family="ip"
port="9556"></tns:Discovery>
        <tns:Announce interface_id="tcp0" discovery_id="ipdisc0"
            conv_layer_type="tcp"></tns:Announce>
    </tns:DiscoveriesSetting>

************************************************************************************
Is there any idea on key transport under the environment of* prophet routing
*?
Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Hao

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 16:50:35 +0530

Hi Daniel,
I am novice in this area but somthing strike on my mind so I want to share
it with you, Prophet works on history of encounters(so whenever source
node encounter relay it will store its public key for future reference).
In case destination is not available in history of encounters then source
will use second property of prophet i.e transitivity for 1 hop encryption.
I hope my suggestions is correct and useful for you... :)

best/
Shailendra.

> _______________________________________________
> dtn-security mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/dtn-security
>

###################################################
// Double the Pride,Double the Fall //