Subject: [dtn-users] dtn on sourceforge and 2.6.0 release
From: Michael Demmer <[email-masked]>
To: Michael Demmer <[email-masked]>
Cc: Delay Tolerant Networking Interest List <[email-masked]>, dtn-users mailing list <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 11:26:56 -0700
List-Id: dtn-users mailing list <dtn-users.maillists.intel-research.net>

Continuing the transition I mentioned a couple of months ago, I've set  
up the mercurial repositories on sourceforge and updated the relevant  
wiki pages on http://www.dtnrg.org accordingly to refer to the new  
source repository locations.

For the impatient, you can access the repositories directly at http://dtn.sourceforge.net/hg 
  and you can contribute changes by registering for a sourceforge  
account and requesting to be added to the dtn project as a developer.

I've also transitioned the release management to use the sourceforge  
mechanisms.

I also put together a 2.6.0 release of DTN2 that can be obtained from https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=101657 
.

Highlights include:

- Updated the source control system to mercurial, splitting the oasys
   library into a fully separate package and changing the configuration,
   build, and packaging accordingly.

- Added a session layer with a publish / subscribe based interface and
   multicast capabilities as well as the ability to order bundles by
   sequence identifier and express that prior transmissions should be
   proactively deleted in-network.

- Updated DTLSR to support the session layer and route advertisements
   as well as miscellaneous other bug fixes.

- Restructured the core forwarding path and the router <-> convergence
   layer interface, getting rid of the BUSY state management and
   (hopefully) improving stability and scalability.

- Changed the contract between the core forwarding logic and the
   router implementation to give the router better control over when
   bundles are deleted from the system.

- Changed the Bundle class internals to make all member variables
   private, adding accessor functions for manipulation and state
   retrieval and improve efficiency in internal storage.

- Added additional API function accesses through the SWIG interface and
   parse status reports that are returned to the app. Also removed the
   limitation on the size of bundles that can be returned in memory.

- Added a fix so that bundles aren't delivered twice to the same
   registration and changes to the core forwarding path to support
   modified topologies.

- Incorporated patches from BBN to fix bugs during shutdown, more
   efficient comparisons, memory leak and dangling pointer fixes, and
   modified handling of duplicate bundles.

- Fixed a bunch of bugs in the dtntunnel application.

- Incorporated various updates to the prophet implementation from Jeff
   Wilson.

- Various other minor updates and bugfixes including Mac OS X 10.5
   (Leopard) compatibility.

Finally, my apologies for the delay in this transition. I actually set  
up the sourceforge repositories a while ago, but never got around to  
updating the wiki pages or sending this email out.

-mike

Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 00:42:36 +0100
From: Ricardo Martins <[email-masked]>
To: Michael Demmer <[email-masked]>
Cc: dtn-users mailing list <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [dtn-users] APR branch

Hi Michael

Thanks for the answer. I asked about OASYS because I have a very large 
patch fixing some compilation issues and adding full support for SUN 
Solaris and QNX v6.x. I guess the best thing to do is to get write 
access to the mercurial repository.

Regards,
Ricardo Martins

Michael Demmer wrote:
> The apr branch doesn't get rid of oasys, but it does help make oasys 
> more portable as everything uses apr for system calls. As far as its 
> status goes, I'm not going to be able to do any more work on it but it's 
> most of the way there I think.
> 
> For sourceforge availability, I've already put the code there but never 
> got around to mailing the list or updating the wiki page. I'll try to do 
> that in the next week or so.
> 
> In the meantime, interested parties should join as developers of the 
> 'dtn' sourceforge project to get write access to the hg repository.
> 
> -m
> 
> 
> On Aug 11, 2008, at 9:01 AM, Ricardo Martins <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I have a few questions to ask the developers, I hope someone will be
>> able to answer them.
>>
>> - Are there any future plans for the APR branch or OASYS is here to 
>> stay ?
>> - When will the latest source tree be available at Sourceforge ?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Ricardo Martins
>> _______________________________________________
>> dtn-users mailing list
>> [email-masked]
>> http://maillists.intel-research.net/mailman/listinfo/dtn-users
> 

From: Michael Demmer <[email-masked]>
To: Ricardo Martins <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 16:48:22 -0500
Cc: dtn-users mailing list <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [dtn-users] APR branch

The apr branch doesn't get rid of oasys, but it does help make oasys  
more portable as everything uses apr for system calls. As far as its  
status goes, I'm not going to be able to do any more work on it but  
it's most of the way there I think.

For sourceforge availability, I've already put the code there but  
never got around to mailing the list or updating the wiki page. I'll  
try to do that in the next week or so.

In the meantime, interested parties should join as developers of the  
'dtn' sourceforge project to get write access to the hg repository.

-m

On Aug 11, 2008, at 9:01 AM, Ricardo Martins <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I have a few questions to ask the developers, I hope someone will be
> able to answer them.
>
> - Are there any future plans for the APR branch or OASYS is here to  
> stay ?
> - When will the latest source tree be available at Sourceforge ?
>
> Regards,
> Ricardo Martins
> _______________________________________________
> dtn-users mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://maillists.intel-research.net/mailman/listinfo/dtn-users

Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 15:01:21 +0100
From: Ricardo Martins <[email-masked]>
To: dtn-users mailing list <[email-masked]>
Subject: [dtn-users] APR branch

Hi everyone,

I have a few questions to ask the developers, I hope someone will be 
able to answer them.

- Are there any future plans for the APR branch or OASYS is here to stay ?
- When will the latest source tree be available at Sourceforge ?

Regards,
Ricardo Martins