Subject: Re: [dtn-users] Repository Down?
From: "Michael Demmer" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 11:05:47 -0700
List-Id: dtn-users mailing list <dtn-users.maillists.intel-research.net>

Unfortunately Sourceforge changed their policies regarding shell
access and that had an impact on the mercurial hosting so it's not
available now.

Hopefully we can find a solution soon.

-m

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 9:08 AM, Peter Salas <[email-masked]> wrote:
> I can no longer clone the mercurial repository: "hg clone
> http://dtn.sourceforge.net/hg/DTN2" gives an HTTP error 500.  I can't
> browse through the web interface either - is the repository down?
>
> Thanks,
> Peter
> _______________________________________________
> dtn-users mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://maillists.intel-research.net/mailman/listinfo/dtn-users
>

Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 12:08:02 -0400
From: "Peter Salas" <[email-masked]>
Sender: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [dtn-users] Repository Down?
Reply-To: [email-masked]

I can no longer clone the mercurial repository: "hg clone
http://dtn.sourceforge.net/hg/DTN2" gives an HTTP error 500.  I can't
browse through the web interface either - is the repository down?

Thanks,
Peter

From: Tom <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 15:10:47 +0200
Subject: Re: [dtn-users] dtnping, doesnt' work on localhost

i ran the daemon in debug mode and made a copy of the relevant sections of the 
debug output. i made a full copy of the initialization, but it seems to work, 
the only thing is that a package called tcl readline cannot be found, but i 
guess this is only required if one wants to be able to put tcl commands in 
the command prompt.

the interesting section is the section where the dtnping on localhost arrives, 
the daemon sends  answer but then says the client does have an error. at the 
same time dtnping produces the error that "registration failed". 

thanks for your efforts 

cheers 
tom

# dtnd -c /mnt/mmc/dtn/dtn.conf -l debug

#------------------------------- Initialization seems 
ok ----------------------------------------------#

[1199174647.652812 /log debug] adding log reparse signal handler
[1199174647.658227 /timer debug] adding signal handler 0x269dbc for signal 1
[1199174647.661831 /log debug] adding log rotate signal handler
[1199174647.665501 /timer debug] adding signal handler 0x2692c4 for signal 10
[1199174647.669397 /dtnd debug] ignoring SIGPIPE
[1199174647.673229 /dtnd notice] random seed is 673083
[1199174647.678118 /dtnd notice] DTN daemon starting up... (pid 762)
[1199174647.747584 /command/debug debug] debug command registering
[1199174647.752149 /command/gettimeofday debug] gettimeofday command 
registering
[1199174647.756012 /command/help debug] help command registering
[1199174647.761656 /command/log debug] log command registering
[1199174647.770067 /thread debug] activating thread creation barrier
[1199174647.773649 /dtn/apiserver debug] APIServer init (evironment set addr 
127.0.0.1 port 5010)
[1199174647.779297 /command/api debug] api command registering
[1199174647.783374 /command/completion_notifier/notifier debug] created pipe, 
fds: 5 6
[1199174647.787403 /command/completion_notifier/notifier debug] 
set_nonblocking: nonblocking mode set
[1199174647.791035 /command/completion_notifier/notifier debug] 
set_nonblocking: nonblocking mode set
[1199174647.796104 /command/bundle debug] bundle command registering
[1199174647.800329 /command/interface debug] interface command registering
[1199174647.805586 /command/link debug] link command registering
[1199174647.813487 /command/param debug] param command registering
[1199174647.818470 /command/registration debug] registration command 
registering
[1199174647.826848 /command/route debug] route command registering
[1199174647.830953 /command/discovery debug] discovery command registering
[1199174647.839684 /command/prophet debug] prophet command registering
[1199174647.843353 /command/shutdown debug] shutdown command registering
[1199174647.847755 /command/quit debug] quit command registering
[1199174647.859076 /command/storage debug] storage command registering
[1199174647.862378 /dtnd debug] registered dtn commands
[1199174647.871058 /oasys/util/uri/ debug] URI::normalize: normalized URI 
dtn:none
[1199174647.877652 /dtn/bundle/daemon/notifier debug] created pipe, fds: 8 9
[1199174647.880743 /dtn/bundle/daemon/notifier debug] set_nonblocking: 
nonblocking mode set
[1199174647.884539 /dtn/bundle/daemon/notifier debug] set_nonblocking: 
nonblocking mode set
[1199174647.889512 /dtnd debug] intialized dtn components
[1199174647.892917 /command/console debug] console command registering
[1199174647.898596 /command/test debug] test command registering
[1199174647.902852 /dtnd info] parsing configuration 
file /mnt/mmc/dtn/dtn.conf...
[1199174647.906323 /command debug] executing command 
file /mnt/mmc/dtn/dtn.conf
[1199174647.914526 /dtnd info] dtnd parsing configuration...
[1199174647.927687 /oasys/util/uri/ debug] URI::normalize: normalized URI 
dtn://gumnode01.dtn
[1199174647.931627 /dtn/interface/table info] adding interface tcp0 (tcp)
[1199174647.935618 /dtn/cl/tcp debug] adding interface tcp0
[1199174647.940674 /dtn/cl/tcp/listener/notifier debug] created pipe, fds: 10 
11
[1199174647.944107 /dtn/cl/tcp/listener/notifier debug] set_nonblocking: 
nonblocking mode set
[1199174647.948024 /dtn/cl/tcp/listener/notifier debug] set_nonblocking: 
nonblocking mode set
[1199174647.952231 /dtn/cl/tcp/iface/tcp0 debug] created socket 12
[1199174647.955920 /dtn/cl/tcp/iface/tcp0 debug] setting SO_REUSEADDR
[1199174647.959984 /dtn/cl/tcp/iface/tcp0 debug] binding to 0.0.0.0:23000
[1199174647.964033 /dtn/cl/tcp/iface/tcp0 debug] listening
[1199174647.968005 /dtn/cl/tcp/iface/tcp0 debug] state INIT -> LISTENING
[1199174647.971064 /thread debug] delaying start of thread 0x375d0c due to 
barrier
[1199174647.974952 /dtnd info] dtnd configuration parsing complete
[1199174647.980319 /dtn/storage info] initializing db name=DTN (not shared), 
dir=/mnt/mmc/dtn/db
[1199174648.074196 /dtn/storage/deadlock_timer debug] rescheduling in 5000 
msecs
[1199174648.077704 /timer debug] scheduling timer 0x3e3ff8 in 5000 ms at 
1199174653:77492
[1199174648.090077 /dtn/storage info] datastore /mnt/mmc/dtn/db was cleanly 
shut down
[1199174648.093351 /dtnd debug] directory validated: /mnt/mmc/dtn/bundles
[1199174648.097476 /dtnd debug] directory access 
validated: /mnt/mmc/dtn/bundles
[1199174648.106355 /dtn/storage debug] get_table -- opened table globals type 
1
[1199174648.110163 /dtn/storage debug] table globals, +refcount=1
[1199174648.115640 /dtn/bundle debug] Bundle::init bundle id -1
[1199174648.122587 /dtn/storage debug] get_table -- opened table bundles type 
1
[1199174648.126262 /dtn/storage debug] table bundles, +refcount=1
[1199174648.130293 /dtn/bundle/free debug] destroying bundle id -1
[1199174648.139079 /dtn/storage debug] get_table -- opened table prophet type 
1
[1199174648.142627 /dtn/storage debug] table prophet, +refcount=1
[1199174648.150650 /dtn/storage debug] get_table -- opened table links type 1
[1199174648.154486 /dtn/storage debug] table links, +refcount=1
[1199174648.158369 /dtn/link/UNKNOWN!!! debug] destroying link   
#------------------------------------this seems strange--------------
[1199174648.162938 /dtn/bundle/list//dtn/registration/notifier debug] created 
pipe, fds: 17 18
[1199174648.166874 /dtn/bundle/list//dtn/registration/notifier debug] 
set_nonblocking: nonblocking mode set
[1199174648.170620 /dtn/bundle/list//dtn/registration/notifier debug] 
set_nonblocking: nonblocking mode set
[1199174648.178258 /dtn/storage debug] get_table -- opened table registrations 
type 1
[1199174648.181686 /dtn/storage debug] table registrations, +refcount=1
[1199174648.185531 /dtn/bundle/list//dtn/registration/notifier debug] Notifier 
shutting down (closing fds 17 18)
[1199174648.190108 /dtn/storage/globals debug] loading global store
[1199174648.197224 /dtn/bundle debug] Bundle::init bundle id -1
[1199174648.200919 /dtn/bundle/list//dtn/registration/notifier debug] created 
pipe, fds: 17 18
[1199174648.204626 /dtn/bundle/list//dtn/registration/notifier debug] 
set_nonblocking: nonblocking mode set
[1199174648.208558 /dtn/bundle/list//dtn/registration/notifier debug] 
set_nonblocking: nonblocking mode set
[1199174648.214324 /oasys/util/uri/ debug] URI::parse: empty URI string
[1199174648.217898 /dtn/naming/endpoint/ debug] EndpointID::validate: invalid 
URI
[1199174648.222268 /dtn/storage/globals debug] calculated digest 
40d35a8bc55435bc5514437a98f83f68 for serialize string 'bundleid u_int32_t 
is_fragment bool is_admin bool do_not_fragment bool uri string uri string uri 
string uri string uri string priority u_int8_t custody_requested bool 
local_custody bool singleton_dest bool custody_rcpt bool receive_rcpt bool 
forward_rcpt bool delivery_rcpt bool deletion_rcpt bool app_acked_rcpt bool 
creation_ts_seconds u_int32_t creation_ts_seqno u_int32_t... (truncated)
[1199174648.227381 /dtn/bundle/list//dtn/registration/notifier debug] Notifier 
shutting down (closing fds 17 18)
[1199174648.231619 /dtn/bundle/free debug] destroying bundle id -1
[1199174648.235667 /thread debug] delaying start of thread 0x370248 due to 
barrier
[1199174648.239769 /dtnd debug] started dtn server
[1199174648.243753 /dtn/apiserver/17 debug] created socket 17
[1199174648.247023 /dtn/apiserver/17 debug] setting SO_REUSEADDR
[1199174648.250905 /dtn/apiserver/17 debug] binding to 127.0.0.1:5010
[1199174648.254694 /dtn/apiserver/17 debug] listening
[1199174648.258710 /dtn/apiserver/17 debug] state INIT -> LISTENING
[1199174648.262432 /thread debug] delaying start of thread 0x368b58 due to 
barrier
[1199174648.266381 /thread debug] releasing thread creation barrier -- 3 
queued threads
[1199174648.270133 /thread debug] starting thread 0x375d0c
[1199174648.275701 /thread debug] starting thread 0x370248
[1199174648.283244 /dtn/bundle/daemon debug] dispatching event (0xbdfffc80) 
REGISTRATION_ADDED
[1199174648.287606 /thread debug] starting thread 0x368b58
[1199174648.292599 /dtn/bundle/daemon info] REGISTRATION_ADDED 0 
dtn://gumnode01.dtn
[1199174648.296584 /dtn/route/static debug] dispatching event (0xbdfffc80) 
REGISTRATION_ADDED
[1199174648.300303 /dtn/contact/manager debug] dispatching event (0xbdfffc80) 
REGISTRATION_ADDED
[1199174648.305345 /dtn/bundle/daemon debug] dispatching event (0xbdfffc68) 
REGISTRATION_ADDED
[1199174648.309043 /dtn/bundle/daemon info] REGISTRATION_ADDED 2 
dtn://gumnode01.dtn/ping
[1199174648.313108 /dtn/route/static debug] dispatching event (0xbdfffc68) 
REGISTRATION_ADDED
[1199174648.316995 /dtn/contact/manager debug] dispatching event (0xbdfffc68) 
REGISTRATION_ADDED
[1199174648.322952 /dtn/bundle/daemon notice] loading bundles from data store
[1199174648.328180 /timer debug] new timeout 4750
[1199174648.331799 /dtn/bundle/daemon/loop debug] BundleDaemon: checking 
eventq_->size() > 0, its size is 0
[1199174648.335658 /dtn/bundle/daemon/loop debug] BundleDaemon: poll_multiple 
waiting for 4750 ms
[1199174648.339617 /dtn/bundle/daemon/loop debug] poll returned 1
[1199174648.343327 /dtn/bundle/daemon/loop debug] poll returned new timers to 
handle
[1199174648.347557 /timer debug] new timeout 4731
[1199174648.351332 /dtn/bundle/daemon/loop debug] BundleDaemon: checking 
eventq_->size() > 0, its size is 0
[1199174648.355176 /dtn/bundle/daemon/loop debug] BundleDaemon: poll_multiple 
waiting for 4731 ms
[1199174648.876752 /dtnd info] starting console on 127.0.0.1:5050
[1199174648.877338 /command debug] starting command server on 127.0.0.1:5050
[1199174649.059485 /command info] can't load tclreadline: can't find package 
tclreadline
[1199174649.063311 /command info] fall back to simple command loop

#-------------------- i guess this is the normal commanc polling from 
here ------------------------------------#

localhost dtn% [1199174653.096773 /dtn/bundle/daemon/loop debug] poll 
returned -2
[1199174653.097326 /dtn/bundle/daemon/loop debug] poll timeout
[1199174653.097811 /timer debug] popping timer 0x3e3ff8 at 1199174653.97523
[1199174653.098224 /dtn/storage/deadlock_timer debug] running deadlock 
detection
[1199174653.098652 /dtn/storage/deadlock_timer debug] rescheduling in 5000 
msecs
[1199174653.099061 /timer debug] scheduling timer 0x3e3ff8 in 5000 ms at 
1199174658:98957
[1199174653.099565 /timer debug] new timeout 5000
[1199174653.100069 /dtn/bundle/daemon/loop debug] BundleDaemon: checking 
eventq_->size() > 0, its size is 0
[1199174653.100350 /dtn/bundle/daemon/loop debug] BundleDaemon: poll_multiple 
waiting for 5000 ms
[1199174653.100650 /dtn/bundle/daemon/loop debug] poll returned 1
[1199174653.100941 /dtn/bundle/daemon/loop debug] poll returned new timers to 
handle
[1199174653.101368 /timer debug] new timeout 4998
[1199174653.101807 /dtn/bundle/daemon/loop debug] BundleDaemon: checking 
eventq_->size() > 0, its size is 0
[1199174653.102117 /dtn/bundle/daemon/loop debug] BundleDaemon: poll_multiple 
waiting for 4998 ms
[1199174658.096776 /dtn/bundle/daemon/loop debug] poll returned -2
[1199174658.097333 /dtn/bundle/daemon/loop debug] poll timeout
[1199174658.097577 /timer debug] new timeout 1
[1199174658.097842 /dtn/bundle/daemon/loop debug] BundleDaemon: checking 
eventq_->size() > 0, its size is 0
[1199174658.098092 /dtn/bundle/daemon/loop debug] BundleDaemon: poll_multiple 
waiting for 1 ms
[1199174658.107019 /dtn/bundle/daemon/loop debug] poll returned -2
[1199174658.107559 /dtn/bundle/daemon/loop debug] poll timeout
[1199174658.107899 /timer debug] popping timer 0x3e3ff8 at 1199174658.107753
[1199174658.108188 /dtn/storage/deadlock_timer debug] running deadlock 
detection
[1199174658.108462 /dtn/storage/deadlock_timer debug] rescheduling in 5000 
msecs
[1199174658.108795 /timer debug] scheduling timer 0x3e3ff8 in 5000 ms at 
1199174663:108684
[1199174658.109288 /timer debug] new timeout 5000
[1199174658.109761 /dtn/bundle/daemon/loop debug] BundleDaemon: checking 
eventq_->size() > 0, its size is 0
[1199174658.110066 /dtn/bundle/daemon/loop debug] BundleDaemon: poll_multiple 
waiting for 5000 ms
[1199174658.110364 /dtn/bundle/daemon/loop debug] poll returned 1
[1199174658.110634 /dtn/bundle/daemon/loop debug] poll returned new timers to 
handle
[1199174658.111065 /timer debug] new timeout 4998

#--------------------- this happens when i send a "dtnping 
localhost" ------------------------------------------------#

 /dtn/apiserver/17 debug] accepted connection fd 22 from 127.0.0.1:2244
[1199175225.905394 /dtn/apiclient/22 debug] setting SO_REUSEADDR
[1199175225.909171 /dtn/apiclient/22/notifier debug] created pipe, fds: 24 25
[1199175225.912506 /dtn/apiclient/22/notifier debug] set_nonblocking: 
nonblocking mode set
[1199175225.915834 /dtn/apiclient/22/notifier debug] set_nonblocking: 
nonblocking mode set
[1199175225.919348 /thread debug] starting thread 0x404548
[1199175225.923996 /dtn/apiclient/22 info] new session 127.0.0.1:5010 -> 
127.0.0.1:2244
[1199175225.929337 /dtn/apiclient/22 debug] ::readv() fd 22 cc 4
[1199175225.932212 /dtn/apiclient/22 debug] readall 4 bytes 0 left 4 total
[1199175225.936018 /dtn/apiclient/22 debug] ::writev() fd 22 cc 4
[1199175225.939358 /dtn/apiclient/22 debug] writeall 4 bytes 0 left 4 total
[1199175225.944369 /dtn/apiclient/22 debug] ::readv() fd 22 cc 1029
[1199175225.947368 /dtn/apiclient/22 debug] got DTN_LOCAL_EID (1024/1024 
bytes)
[1199175225.950602 /dtn/apiclient/22 debug] get_local_eid encoded 256 byte 
response
[1199175225.954423 /dtn/apiclient/22 debug] building reply: status (unknown 
type), length 256
[1199175225.958104 /dtn/apiclient/22 debug] sending 264 byte reply message
[1199175225.961956 /dtn/apiclient/22 debug] ::writev() fd 22 cc 264
[1199175225.965239 /dtn/apiclient/22 debug] writeall 264 bytes 0 left 264 
total
[1199175225.970689 /dtn/apiclient/22 debug] ::readv() fd 22 cc 1029
[1199175225.973591 /dtn/apiclient/22 debug] got DTN_LOCAL_EID (1024/1024 
bytes)
[1199175225.977368 /dtn/apiclient/22 debug] get_local_eid encoded 256 byte 
response
[1199175225.980776 /dtn/apiclient/22 debug] building reply: status (unknown 
type), length 256
[1199175225.984116 /dtn/apiclient/22 debug] sending 264 byte reply message
[1199175225.988461 /dtn/apiclient/22 debug] ::writev() fd 22 cc 264
[1199175225.991496 /dtn/apiclient/22 debug] writeall 264 bytes 0 left 264 
total
[1199175226.021741 /dtn/apiclient/22 debug] ::readv() fd 22 cc 0
[1199175226.024649 /dtn/apiclient/22 warning] client error or disconnection
[1199175226.028284 /dtn/apiclient/22 debug] closing socket in state 
ESTABLISHED
[1199175226.032271 /dtn/apiclient/22 debug] state ESTABLISHED -> FINI
[1199175226.035647 /dtn/apiclient/22 debug] client destroyed
[1199175226.039217 /dtn/apiclient/22/notifier debug] Notifier shutting down 
(closing fds 24 25)
[1199175226.042756 /dtn/apiclient/22 debug] closing socket in state FINI
[1199175229.006744 /dtn/bundle/daemon/loop debug] poll returned -2

#-------------------------------- this happens on the ping 
side --------------------------------------------------------------#

dtnping localhost
source_eid [dtn://gumnode01.dtn/ping.985]
error creating registration: -1 (error in xdr routines)

#------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------#

On Friday 19 September 2008 21:01:49 you wrote:
> Try to run the daemon with the '-l debug' options which might give you
> more information about what specifically is causing the error. If that
> fails, run it under gdb or some other debugger and step through the
> routines that implement the server-side portion of the RPC API.
>
> -m
>
> On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 8:55 AM, Tom Mayer <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > hi,
> > i have deployed the dtn reference imlpementation on an arm platform (a
> > gumstix verdex). I can run the deamon with my current config file. But
> > when i try to send a dtnping to localhost it resolves the localhost to
> > the correct eid but then catches a error:
> >
> > error creating registration: -1 (error in xdr routines).
> >
> > The daemon catches the event  sd s nre drddion 127.0.0.1 but the
> > immediately writes:
> >
> > client error or disconnection.
> >
> > Does anyone have an idea where to start looking for the problem?
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> >
> > Cheers
> > Tom
> >
> > --
> > Der GMX SmartSurfer hilft bis zu 70% Ihrer Onlinekosten zu sparen!
> > Ideal für Modem und ISDN: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/smartsurfer
> > _______________________________________________
> > dtn-users mailing list
> > [email-masked]
> > http://maillists.intel-research.net/mailman/listinfo/dtn-users

Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 14:45:49 -0700
From: "Michael Demmer" <[email-masked]>
Sender: [email-masked]
To: "Tom Mayer" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [dtn-users] dtnping, doesnt' work on localhost

Try to run the daemon with the '-l debug' options which might give you
more information about what specifically is causing the error. If that
fails, run it under gdb or some other debugger and step through the
routines that implement the server-side portion of the RPC API.

-m

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 8:55 AM, Tom Mayer <[email-masked]> wrote:
> hi,
> i have deployed the dtn reference imlpementation on an arm platform (a gumstix verdex). I can run the deamon with my current config file. But when i try to send a dtnping to localhost it resolves the localhost to the correct eid but then catches a error:
>
> error creating registration: -1 (error in xdr routines).
>
> The daemon catches the event  sd s nre drddion 127.0.0.1 but the immediately writes:
>
> client error or disconnection.
>
> Does anyone have an idea where to start looking for the problem?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Cheers
> Tom
>
> --
> Der GMX SmartSurfer hilft bis zu 70% Ihrer Onlinekosten zu sparen!
> Ideal für Modem und ISDN: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/smartsurfer
> _______________________________________________
> dtn-users mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://maillists.intel-research.net/mailman/listinfo/dtn-users
>

Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 19:44:20 +0200
From: Adam Przybyla <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [dtn-users] dtnping, doesnt' work on localhost

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 05:55:53PM +0200, Tom Mayer wrote:
> hi, 
> i have deployed the dtn reference imlpementation on an arm platform (a gumstix verdex). I can run the deamon with my current config file. But when i try to send a dtnping to localhost it resolves the localhost to the correct eid but then catches a error: 
> 
> error creating registration: -1 (error in xdr routines).
> 
> The daemon catches the event  sd s nre drddion 127.0.0.1 but the immediately writes:
> 
> client error or disconnection.
> 
> Does anyone have an idea where to start looking for the problem?
	... try to use tcpdump. Regards
								Adam Przybyla

Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 17:55:53 +0200
From: "Tom Mayer" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [dtn-users] dtnping, doesnt' work on localhost

hi, 
i have deployed the dtn reference imlpementation on an arm platform (a gumstix verdex). I can run the deamon with my current config file. But when i try to send a dtnping to localhost it resolves the localhost to the correct eid but then catches a error: 

error creating registration: -1 (error in xdr routines).

The daemon catches the event  sd s nre drddion 127.0.0.1 but the immediately writes:

client error or disconnection.

Does anyone have an idea where to start looking for the problem?

Thanks in advance 

Cheers
Tom

-- 
Der GMX SmartSurfer hilft bis zu 70% Ihrer Onlinekosten zu sparen! 
Ideal für Modem und ISDN: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/smartsurfer

From: Asma Simsima <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 22:47:55 +0000
Importance: Normal
Subject: [dtn-users] Help to simulate DTN

--_359eef17-d222-4ea1-9250-4c45cf1051f9_
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Hi All =2C=20

could anyone give me a method  witch with I'll arrive to simulate DTN ... I=
 have tried many solutions without sucess :( =2C please help me please=20

thanks in adavnce=20
Best regards=20
Asma

_________________________________________________________________
D=E9couvrez Windows Live Spaces et cr=E9ez votre site Web perso en quelques=
 clics !
http://spaces.live.com/signup.aspx=

--_359eef17-d222-4ea1-9250-4c45cf1051f9_
Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html>
<head>
<style>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
FONT-SIZE: 10pt=3B
FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma
}
</style>
</head>
<body class=3D'hmmessage'><div style=3D"text-align: left=3B">Hi All =2C <br=
><br>could anyone give me a method&nbsp=3B witch with I'll arrive to simula=
te DTN ... I have tried many solutions without sucess :( =2C please help me=
 please <br><br>thanks in adavnce <br>Best regards <br>Asma<br></div><br><b=
r /><hr />Tous vos amis discutent sur Messenger=2C et vous ?  <a href=3D'ht=
tp://get.live.com/messenger/overview' target=3D'_new'>T=E9l=E9chargez Messe=
nger=2C c'est gratuit !</a></body>
</html>=

--_359eef17-d222-4ea1-9250-4c45cf1051f9_--

Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 09:18:27 -0700
From: "Michael Demmer" <[email-masked]>
Sender: [email-masked]
To: "Ivancic, William D. (GRC-RHN0)" <[email-masked]>
Cc: Delay Tolerant Networking Interest List <[email-masked]>, dtn-users mailing list <[email-masked]>, Michael Demmer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [dtn-users] [dtn-interest] dtn on sourceforge and 2.6.0 release

What actually happened is that prior to the 2.5 release, I (and
others) had modified the code so that it actually implemented version
6 of the bundle protocol, but had not updated the version number in
the code accordingly. We discovered this at the last interoperability
meeting at IETF.

So in the 2.6 release, I fixed the code so advertises the correct
version of the protocol.

-m

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 9:04 AM, Ivancic, William D. (GRC-RHN0)
<[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Mike,
>
> I figured other people are interested, so I'll ask here.
>
> 2.5 and 2.6 do not interoperate.  I appears to be due to version number
> mismatch.
>
> Looking at the code list, there doesn't appear to be any obvious
> changes.  When dtn-2 was move to sourceforge did just the version number
> change, or were there other changes.  I thought that a fixed field may
> have changed to an SDNV field.
>
> /will
>
>
> ******************************
> William D. Ivancic
> Phone 216-433-3494
> Fax 216-433-8705
> Networking Lab 216-433-2620
> DTN Lab 216-433-2981
> Mobile 440-503-4892
> http://roland.grc.nasa.gov/~ivancic
>
>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: [email-masked]
>> [mailto:[email-masked]] On
>> Behalf Of Michael Demmer
>> Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2008 2:27 PM
>> To: Michael Demmer
>> Cc: Delay Tolerant Networking Interest List; dtn-users mailing list
>> Subject: [dtn-interest] dtn on sourceforge and 2.6.0 release
>>
>>
>> Continuing the transition I mentioned a couple of months ago,
>> I've set up the mercurial repositories on sourceforge and
>> updated the relevant wiki pages on http://www.dtnrg.org
>> accordingly to refer to the new source repository locations.
>>
>> For the impatient, you can access the repositories directly
>> at http://dtn.sourceforge.net/hg
>>   and you can contribute changes by registering for a
>> sourceforge account and requesting to be added to the dtn
>> project as a developer.
>>
>> I've also transitioned the release management to use the
>> sourceforge mechanisms.
>>
>> I also put together a 2.6.0 release of DTN2 that can be
>> obtained from
>> https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=101657
>> .
>>
>> Highlights include:
>>
>> - Updated the source control system to mercurial, splitting the oasys
>>    library into a fully separate package and changing the
>> configuration,
>>    build, and packaging accordingly.
>>
>> - Added a session layer with a publish / subscribe based interface and
>>    multicast capabilities as well as the ability to order bundles by
>>    sequence identifier and express that prior transmissions should be
>>    proactively deleted in-network.
>>
>> - Updated DTLSR to support the session layer and route advertisements
>>    as well as miscellaneous other bug fixes.
>>
>> - Restructured the core forwarding path and the router <-> convergence
>>    layer interface, getting rid of the BUSY state management and
>>    (hopefully) improving stability and scalability.
>>
>> - Changed the contract between the core forwarding logic and the
>>    router implementation to give the router better control over when
>>    bundles are deleted from the system.
>>
>> - Changed the Bundle class internals to make all member variables
>>    private, adding accessor functions for manipulation and state
>>    retrieval and improve efficiency in internal storage.
>>
>> - Added additional API function accesses through the SWIG
>> interface and
>>    parse status reports that are returned to the app. Also removed the
>>    limitation on the size of bundles that can be returned in memory.
>>
>> - Added a fix so that bundles aren't delivered twice to the same
>>    registration and changes to the core forwarding path to support
>>    modified topologies.
>>
>> - Incorporated patches from BBN to fix bugs during shutdown, more
>>    efficient comparisons, memory leak and dangling pointer fixes, and
>>    modified handling of duplicate bundles.
>>
>> - Fixed a bunch of bugs in the dtntunnel application.
>>
>> - Incorporated various updates to the prophet implementation from Jeff
>>    Wilson.
>>
>> - Various other minor updates and bugfixes including Mac OS X 10.5
>>    (Leopard) compatibility.
>>
>> Finally, my apologies for the delay in this transition. I
>> actually set up the sourceforge repositories a while ago, but
>> never got around to updating the wiki pages or sending this email out.
>>
>> -mike
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> dtn-interest mailing list
>> [email-masked]
>> http://maillists.intel-research.net/mailman/listinfo/dtn-interest
>>
>

From: Asma Simsima <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 21:52:44 +0000
Importance: Normal
Subject: [dtn-users] Help to simulate DTN

--_2600a96f-2cf8-49ec-86bc-b0cf159c45ec_
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Hi all=2C In order to simulate DTN =2C I download DTNSIM2 frome www.dtnrg.o=
rg but I haven't understand how it works. For information =2C I'm using ubu=
ntu 8.04 and gcc 4.2. My version of java is 1.5.0. Can you explain me pleas=
e how can I run this simulator and how visulalize results . it's very impor=
tant for me thanks in advanceBest regards Asma
_________________________________________________________________
Sur Windows Live Ideas=2C d=E9couvrez en exclusivit=E9 de nouveaux services=
 en ligne... si nouveaux qu'ils ne sont pas encore sortis officiellement su=
r le march=E9 !
http://ideas.live.com=

--_2600a96f-2cf8-49ec-86bc-b0cf159c45ec_
Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html>
<head>
<style>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
FONT-SIZE: 10pt=3B
FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma
}
</style>
</head>
<body class=3D'hmmessage'>Hi all=2C=A0<BR><BR>In order to simulate DTN =2C =
I download DTNSIM2 frome www.dtnrg.org but I haven't understand how it work=
s.=A0<BR>For information =2C I'm using ubuntu 8.04 and gcc 4.2. My version =
of java is 1.5.0.=A0<BR>Can you explain me please how can I run this simula=
tor and how visulalize results . it's very important for me=A0<BR>thanks in=
 advance<BR>Best regards=A0<BR>Asma<BR><DIV style=3D"text-align:right" alig=
n=3D"left"><FONT style=3D"font-weight:bold=3Bcolor:rgb(255=2C 0=2C 255)" si=
ze=3D"3"><SPAN style=3D"font-family:Lucida Handwriting=2CCursive"></SPAN></=
FONT><BR></DIV><BR><br /><hr />T=E9l=E9chargez le nouveau Windows Live Mess=
enger ! <a href=3D'http://get.live.com/messenger/overview' target=3D'_new'>=
T=E9l=E9chargez Messenger=2C c'est gratuit !</a></body>
</html>=

--_2600a96f-2cf8-49ec-86bc-b0cf159c45ec_--

Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 16:53:59 +0100
To: [email-masked]
From: Lloyd Wood <[email-masked]>
Subject: [dtn-users] UK-DMC satellite first to transfer sensor data from space using 'bundle' protocol - press release

http://www.sstl.co.uk/News_and_Events/Latest_News/?story=1254
http://www.ballard.co.uk/press_releases/company_releases.aspx?lang=English(uk)&story=1254
UK-DMC satellite first to transfer sensor data from space using 'bundle' protocol, SSTL press release, 11 September 2008.

There's a related IAC paper describing this testing:
http://personal.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/publications/

Lloyd Wood, Will Ivancic, Wesley M. Eddy, Dave Stewart, James Northam,
Chris Jackson and Alex da Silva Curiel, 'Use of the Delay-Tolerant
Networking Bundle Protocol from Space,' conference paper IAC-08-B2.3.10,
59th International Astronautical Congress, Glasgow, September 2008.

enjoy reading,

L.

Saratoga: http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/dtn/

<http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/><[email-masked]>