Subject: [dtn-users] DTN2 and Oasys: missing soname

From: Leo Iannacone <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 12:03:49 +0100

Hi all,

DTN2 and Oasys are missing SONAMEs for some libraries, in particular:

 * liboasys-1.5.0.so
 * liboasyscompat-1.5.0.so

 * libdtnapi++-2.8.0.so
 * libdtnapi-2.8.0.so
 * libdtntcl-2.8.0.so

Could you fix them?

From: http://lintian.debian.org/tags/sharedobject-in-library-directory-missing-soname.html

A shared object was identified in a library directory (a directory in
the standard linker path) which doesn't have a SONAME. This is usually
an error.

SONAMEs are set with something like "gcc -Wl,-soname,libfoo.so.0",
where 0 is the major version of the library. If your package uses
libtool, then libtool invoked with the right options should be doing
this.

To view the SONAME of a shared library, run "readelf -d" on the shared
library and look for the tag of type SONAME.

Thank you,

Leo.