Subject: [dtn-users] error while initializing the database.

From: gokul nath <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 16:18:08 +0530

Hello sir,

I installed DTN-2.8.0 successfully.

Now while initializing the database,I am getting an error as shown in the
following link

http://i.imgur.com/WT5Yw.png

please help me.

Regards,
Gokulnath

---

From: Elwyn Davies <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2011 11:16:18 +0000

That seems pretty clear cut.  For whatever reason the system loader
can't find libtcl8.5.so.  The usual causes of this are:
- It isn't there (unlikely as the configure commands for oasys/DTN2
check for its presence). It would normally be in /usr/lib or failing
that /usr/local/lib.
- You haven't run ldconfig since it was installed.  Read the man page
for ldconfig and get the loader cache updated.  A typical source of
problems is that ldconfig doesn't know about /usr/local/lib.  In this
case you have to edit /etc/ld.so.conf to add /usr/local/lib and rerun
ldconfig.

/Elwyn

On Thu, 2011-12-08 at 16:18 +0530, gokul nath wrote:
> Now while initializing the database,I am getting an error as shown in
> the following link
> 
> _______________________________________________
> dtn-users mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/dtn-users

---

From: gokul nath <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2011 13:00:48 +0530

Hello,

We added the line /usr/local/lib to the /etc/ld.so.conf and gave the
command

sbin/ldconfig -C cache

It took some time and we got back $.

Again we gave the init-db command of dtn. gave us the same error as before.

Also, we want to note that tcl 8.4 was installed before and we installed
tcl 8.5 without removing 8.4 since there was no make clean available for
tcl. Might it be causing the problem? - there is a libtcl8.4.so file in
/usr/lib/

Also, we found the libtcl8.5.so and libtcl8.4.so in /usr/local/lib

How should we proceed?

Regards,
Gokul