Subject: [dtn-users] (no subject)

From: David Zoller <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 20:26:41 -0600

Hi Sergey,

Looks like you are pushing the dtntunnel envelope again:)

I've been using the UDP tunnel as a unidirectional transmitter for a good
while but never tried the return path. I experimented this evening and
looked at the code a bit. It is definitely only unidirectional at the
moment and would take a decent amount of coding to make it bidirectional.

Sorry, no quick fix,

DZ

PS. I haven't forgotten the TCPTunnel patch and I'll try to get that done
this weekend with my home-hobbyist hat on. I was waiting for my other
updates to get approved for export but I think they got lost on someone's
desk. Those are now 3 patches behind so I'll have to play catch up again
once they do get approved.

----------------------------------------------------

*From:* [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] *On
Behalf Of [email-masked]
*Sent:* Thursday, February 07, 2013 7:40 AM
*To:* [email-masked]
*Subject:* [dtn-users] Is dtntunnel in UDP mode unidirectional?

Hello dtn users,

During my experiments with sending data with nc through dtntunnel, I have
found out that dtntunnel doesn't send data from the nc server to the nc
client while working in UDP mode.
Is my observation correct, or I have misconfigured my system?

-- 
Best regards,
Sergey Sireskin

---

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 10:43:12 +0300

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply. I'm trying to make dtntunnel transparent for the
endpoints by substituting original source and destination addresses and
ports. With my modifications one instance of dtntunnel can handle traffic
for multiple hosts. When I started to do the same for UDP I suddenly
discovered that it is unidirectional.

Regards,
Sergey

2013/2/8 David Zoller <[email-masked]>

-- 
Best regards,
Sergey Sireskin