Subject: [eap] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-eap-otp-00.txt

From: [email-masked] (Darran Potter)
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 16:13:44 -0000

Bernard

Did I miss your response?

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
Darran Potter
Sent: 15 October 2002 17:04
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [eap] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-eap-otp-00.txt

Bernard

Whats the driving force for making an I-D of the token methods? The methods
dont seem to have been changed any from the original EAP RFC.

Darran

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: 15 October 2002 12:31
To: IETF-Announce:
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [eap] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-eap-otp-00.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Extensible Authentication Protocol Working
Group of the IETF.

	Title		: The One Time Password (OTP) and Generic Token Card
                          Authentication Protocols
	Author(s)	: L. Blunk, J. Vollbrecht, B. Aboba
	Filename	: draft-ietf-eap-otp-00.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2002-10-14

EAP is an authentication protocol which supports multiple authentication
mechanisms. EAP typically runs directly over the link layer without
requiring IP and therefore includes its own support for in-order
delivery and re-transmission. While EAP was originally developed for use
with PPP, it is also now in use with IEEE 802. This document defines the
One Time Password (OTP) and Generic Token Card EAP methods, both of
which provide one-way authentication, but not key generation. As a
result, the OTP and Generic Token Card methods, when used by themselves,
are only appropriate for use on networks where physical security can be
assumed. These methods SHOULD NOT be used on wireless networks, or over
the Internet, unless the EAP conversation is protected. This can be
accomplished using technologies such as IPsec or TLS.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-eap-otp-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-eap-otp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-eap-otp-00.txt".

NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

_______________________________________________
eap mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mail.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/eap