Subject: [eap] Strawman Key Management Framework -06

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 18:17:16 -0800 (PST)

At IETF 62, we discussed splitting the EAP Key Management framework
document into two documents.  The first document, called the EAP Key
Management Framework, would focus on documentation of the existing EAP key
hierarchy and existing usage.  This would include analysis of the security
properties of EAP as used within RADIUS/EAP (RFC 3579, 2548) and  Diameter
EAP over media such as PPP, IEEE 802.1X, 802.11i, etc.

The second document, EAP Key Management extensions, would focus on additions to
the key hierarchy and new usages.  This document would also need to
provide a security analysis.

I've gone ahead and created a strawman EAP Key Management Framework -06
document.  This includes removal of material relating to key hierarchy
extensions (such as the AMSK) and new usages (such as pre-emptive
handoff).  It also includes fixes to Issues 277, 291 and 292.

The strawman is available for examination at:
http://www.drizzle.com/~aboba/EAP/draft-ietf-eap-keying-06.txt

Post your comments to the list.
_______________________________________________
eap mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mail.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/eap