Subject: 10 Reasons Must Boycott the 2008 Olympic Games in Communist China

From: leshydonlop <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 11:29:00 -0700

Hi, this is Lesh, a human right volunteer in UK.
I am writing to support Klitou by passing the message below.
Attached is the article <<9 Comments on CCP>> Part 9 as the reference.
Please pass this message to people all around you to help.

I apologize any inconvinience.

Regards,

Lesh D.

----------------------------------------------------------

Ten Reasons Why the Free World with The 
Leadership of America Must Boycott the 2008 
Olympic Games in Communist China
By Demetrius Klitou

1) Human rights are practically non-existent in Communist China 
Religious persecution, imprisonment and murder of non-violent political dissidents, torture, 
organ harvesting and sentences to hard labour are widespread. 

2) The lack of freedom of the press and safety risks for foreign reporters 
Many foreign websites are banned from being visited within China, foreign reporters are 
prohibited from interviewing anyone without previous permission from the government, and 
the content of all broadcasting is severely restricted. Foreign news media reporters have 
been arrested and sentenced to prison under vague and wide-reaching security laws.

3) The 1980 Olympic Games in Communist Russia were boycotted by 64 states, 
under the leadership of the U.S. 
Beijing is not any different from Moscow in 1980, which was also the capital of a 
Communist police state. 

4) Communist China constantly threatens to attack Taiwan
China's government passed a law that explicitly calls for military intervention in response to 
any intention by the democratic government of Taiwan to declare independence. Military 
manoeuvres indicate that the Communists' military is preparing to enforce this law.

5) Beijing has the most polluted air in the world 
Studies and satellites photos have proven that Beijing suffers from extremely high nitrogen 
dioxide levels, vitally dangerous to the health of the athletes.

6) China is plagued by widespread social, political, and economic unrest 
A surge in huge land grabs and forced evictions by the Chinese government for reasons of 
economic expansion and Olympic Games preparations have sparked thousands of protests. 
The government has murdered hundreds of protesters.

7) The Chinese have been bribing and threatening large numbers of members of the 
International Olympic Committee
A number of U.S. Representatives, for example, Congressman Tom Lantos, have stated this 
on national television.

8) A boycott has some potential to serve as a strategy to encourage human rights in 
China 
Only the greedy and foolish global elite think this is true the other way around. 

9) Holding the Olympic Games in Communist China contradicts the Olympic 
Charter 
The Olympic Charter defines the philosophy of Olympism as the "respect for universal 
fundamental ethical principles" and its goal of promoting "a peaceful society concerned with 
the preservation of human dignity." 

10) Don't repeat the errors of 1936 when Nazi Germany was allowed to host the 
Olympic Games 
The Olympic Games will give Communist China the same propaganda tool Nazi Germany 
enjoyed. Not since 1936 have the ideals of Olympics been so trampled upon.
 
Demetrius Klitou is the author of the book The Friends and Foes of Human Rights, available 
at www.ebookmall.com. He holds a BA in International Area Studies and a MA in 
Diplomatic Studies. He will be pursuing a LL.M. in Public International Law at Leiden University.
Published June 28, 2006 by the China Support Network (CSN). Begun as the 
American response group in 1989, CSN represents Americans who are "on the side" 
of the students in Tiananmen Square - standing for democratic reform, human 
rights, and freedom in China. For dissident news; to support a stronger China policy; 
or get more information, see http://www.chinasupport.net.