Subject: Re: [Ecrit] terminology question

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 May 2008 13:42:22 -0500

At 06:59 AM 4/29/2008, ken carlberg wrote:
>Hannes,
>
>my apologies for the mundane question (and if I missed it in some
>document), but I just wanted to chase down a question of terminology
>for the sake of preciseness.
>
>within the scope of ECRIT, how are you defining civilian and authority
>when using the terms civilian-to-authority and authority-to-authority?
>
>for me, I gravitate to civilian = general public, and authority are
>people working on behalf of the government (Federal, state, local,
>tribal) for the common good.  Examples of "authority" in the ECRIT
>perspective would be fireman, police, dispatchers, even militia (e.g.,
>National Guard that gets mobilized during disasters).  On the other
>hand, I wouldn't characterize those that work for vendors, ISPs, the
>PSTN as "authority".  Would you agree with this perspective?

I know I would.

Further complicating things is the opinion of several that consider 
GETS to be A2A, which is not necessarily true (it's A2any, with only 
a few individual exceptions)

>-ken
>
>
>
>_______________________________________________
>Ecrit mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit

_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit

---

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 May 2008 20:32:47 +0300

Hi Ken,

> when using the terms civilian-to-authority and authority-to-authority?
We don't have explicit terms in our documents since there are already 
well established terms.

> tribal) for the common good.
Sounds good.

>   Examples of "authority" in the ECRIT  
Yep.

Ciao
Hannes