Subject: [Ecrit] LoST getServiceBoundary and type of location information

From: "Karl Heinz Wolf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 14:52:15 +0200

I have a question regarding Section 9 of lost-09, retrieving the
service Boundary via getServiceBoundary.

The sample shows the following steps:

1. Step
findService with geodetic-2d location profile, serviceBoundary
requested as reference
findServiceResponse returns the key for the serviceBoundary.

2. Step
getServiceBoundary with the key
getServiceboundaryResponse with location profile civic is returned.

So this sample assumes that the client just has geo location
(therefore just the geo location is included in the findService
request), but surprisingly gets back a civic serviceBoundary. What can
the client do with this boundary information now?

When requesting the boundary by value, there is the rule in the
lost-draft that there has to be a boundary in the same location type
as included in the request. But when retrieving the boundary via
getServiceBoundary, I couldn't find such a rule in the draft, and also
the sample shows a civic boundary response to a geo request. Have I
overlooked something?

Karl Heinz
_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit