Subject: [Ecrit] I-D Action:draft-ietf-ecrit-lost-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 12:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Emergency Context Resolution with Internet Technologies Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : LoST: A Location-to-Service Translation Protocol
	Author(s)       : T. Hardie, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ecrit-lost-10.txt
	Pages           : 79
	Date            : 2008-05-28

This document describes an XML-based protocol for mapping service
identifiers and geodetic or civic location information to service
contact URIs.  In particular, it can be used to determine the
location-appropriate Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) for
emergency services.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ecrit-lost-10.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Ecrit mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit

---

From: "Karl Heinz Wolf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 13:31:27 +0200

I just had a look at the new LoST document, and I remembered that I
had some questions concerning LoST, I still got no answer for.

Here are the points that still confuse me:

1) listServices and path indication: The draft says: "Since the query
is answered by the queried server, there
   is no notion of recursion or indirection and no path indication."
But the sample in figure 12 has a <path> element.

2) the serviceNumber is still missing for the sample in figure 18, the
default mapping sample (as mentioned here last year
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ecrit/current/msg04727.html )
Although the servieNumber is optional in LoST, I thought the samples
should contain it since they are emergency call samples and without a
service number one cannot call the default PSAP.

3) how to request a specific location profile for
<getServiceBoundary>? see
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ecrit/current/msg05226.html

And I just noticed something new:

profile="urn:ietf:params:lost:location-profile:basic-civic" is used
once, all the other examples use profile="civic".

editorial: there is a "s" missing in ListServicesResponse: "Figure 12:
Example of <ListServiceResponse>"

I hope someone can clarify my concerns! Thanks in advance.

karl heinz