Subject: [Ecrit] Emergency Services Workshop 7 & 8: Save the Dates

From: "Richard L. Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 10:57:40 -0500

Dear colleagues,

We're pleased to announce the dates and venues for the next two  
Emergency Services Workshops.

ESW7:
11-13 May 2010
College Park, MD, USA

ESW8:
20-22 September 2010
Berlin, Germany

As planning progresses, updated information will be posted to the ESW  
website:
<http://www.emergency-services-coordination.info/>

For both workshops, we invite talks of 30-60 minutes on topics related  
to IP emergency services.  Please send proposals for presentations to <[email-masked] 
 >.

Background:
The Emergency Services Workshop series is an ongoing effort in the  
emergency services community to coordinate global standards and  
technologies for emergency calling and emergency notification. The  
primary focus of the workshop series is foster coordination among the  
many standards development organizations (SDOs) involved in emergency  
services as they all work toward a global solution for emergency  
communications using Internet technologies. In addition, the workshops  
try to bring in operational and regulatory perspectives on emergency  
services, so that these experiences and requirements can be  
incorporated into ongoing technical development processes.  
Participation is open  all stakeholders in the emergency  
communications system, including industry (e.g., equipment vendors or  
telecommunications companies) as well as government (e.g., regulatory  
bodies or emergency response  organizations).

Thanks for your interest,
The ESW Coordination Team