Subject: [Ecrit] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC5582 (2042)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 05:22:19 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC5582,
"Location-to-URL Mapping Architecture and Framework".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=5582&eid=2042

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Karl Heinz Wolf <[email-masked]>

Section: 8

Original Text
-------------
   To facilitate orientation among the trees, we introduce a forest
   guide (FG), which keeps track of the coverage regions of all the
   trees for one service and location profile.  

Corrected Text
--------------
   To facilitate orientation among the trees, we introduce a forest
   guide (FG), which keeps track of the coverage regions of all the
   trees for one service.  

Notes
-----
Trees may have mapping data in multiple location profiles, not only in a single profile. In particular, according to RFC 5222, a LoST server must understand civic and geographic coordinates. Furthermore, there is no mechanism to discover LoST servers based on the location profile.

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC5582 (draft-ietf-ecrit-mapping-arch-04)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Location-to-URL Mapping Architecture and Framework
Publication Date    : September 2009
Author(s)           : H. Schulzrinne
Category            : INFORMATIONAL
Source              : Emergency Context Resolution with Internet Technologies
Area                : Real-time Applications and Infrastructure
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG