Subject: [Ecrit] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC5582 (2043)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 05:24:16 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC5582,
"Location-to-URL Mapping Architecture and Framework".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=5582&eid=2043

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Karl Heinz Wolf <[email-masked]>

Section: 3

Original Text
-------------
   resolver:  A resolver is contacted by a seeker, consults a forest
      mapping server, and then resolves the query using an appropriate
      tree.  Resolvers may cache query results.

   tree:  A tree consists of a self-contained hierarchy of authoritative
      mapping servers for a particular service.  Each tree exports its
      coverage region to the forest mapping servers.

Corrected Text
--------------
   resolver:  A resolver is contacted by a seeker, consults a forest
      guide, and then resolves the query using an appropriate
      tree.  Resolvers may cache query results.

   tree:  A tree consists of a self-contained hierarchy of authoritative
      mapping servers for a particular service.  Each tree exports its
      coverage region to the forest guide.

Notes
-----
The server should be correctly referred to as "forest guide", there is no "forest mapping server" in the architecture.

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC5582 (draft-ietf-ecrit-mapping-arch-04)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Location-to-URL Mapping Architecture and Framework
Publication Date    : September 2009
Author(s)           : H. Schulzrinne
Category            : INFORMATIONAL
Source              : Emergency Context Resolution with Internet Technologies
Area                : Real-time Applications and Infrastructure
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG