Subject: [Ecrit] I-D Action:draft-ietf-ecrit-location-hiding-req-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 12:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Emergency Context Resolution with Internet Technologies Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Location Hiding: Problem Statement and Requirements
	Author(s)       : H. Schulzrinne, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ecrit-location-hiding-req-04.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2010-02-21

The emergency services architecture developed in the IETF Emergency
Context Resolution with Internet Technology (ECRIT) working group
describes an architecture where location information is provided by
access networks to end points or VoIP service providers in order to
determine the correct dial string and information to route the call
to a Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP).  For determining the PSAP
Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) the usage of the Location-to-
Service Translation (LoST) Protocol is envisioned.

This document provides a problem statement and lists requirements for
situations where the Internet Access Provider (IAP) and/or the
Internet Service Provider (ISP) are only willing to disclose limited
or no location information.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ecrit-location-hiding-req-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.