Subject: [Ecrit] COMMENT on draft-ietf-ecrit-location-hiding-req

From: "Tschofenig, Hannes (NSN - FI/Espoo)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 09:27:25 +0200

Hi Alexey, 

You wrote: 

"This document only has 1 normative reference which is RFC 2119. I don't
believe
this is correct, several other references are needed to properly
understand
requirements. Please check which references are normative and which are
truly
informative.
"

When splitting the references into normative and informative my decision
making was guided by the question: "Do I need this document for an
interoperable implementation?" For draft-ietf-ecrit-location-hiding-req,
which focuses only on requirements, there is nothing to implement and
hence there are not really any normative references. 

If the question is more "What do I have to know in order to better
understand the text in draft-ietf-ecrit-location-hiding-req?" then I
would have to add a lot of references, including those pointing to
informational RFCs (leading to DOWNREFs).   

The references are there. So, the reader is not prevented from looking
them up. However, I was wondering whether they have to be placed into
the normative part leading to all sort of dependency issues and
downrefs.  

Ciao
Hannes

---

From: "Tschofenig, Hannes (NSN - FI/Espoo)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 15:28:44 +0200

OK. 

>The document is already Informational, so there are no issues 
>with donwrefs.

You are right.