Subject: GISB, AIAG and AS2 Meeting and Preparation

From: "Rik Drummond" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 10:18:50 -0500

Purpose: Adjust EDIINT's AS2, E5 and GISB specification so 
	that they align better and AS2 may be a platform for 
      future versions of E5 and GISB

Place: Hyatt Dallas/ Fort Worth Airport (972) 453-1234

Date: May 3-4, 1999

Time: 10:00am- 6:00pm, 8:00am- 3:00pm

Cost: The attendees will split the cost of the meeting room

Attendees to date: 
	Dale Moberg, Gary Morin, Rik Drummond, 
	Terry Harding, Randy Guck, Dick Brooks, Chuck Shih

Preparation: I would like to have a couple conference calls 
	before this to make sure we all understand and 
	agree on the focus and deliverables so that we 
	will not spend time in the face-to-face 
	conducting preliminary alignment discussions

---

From: Stefan Santesson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 13:12:07 +0200

Rik,

Could you or someone else explain what this means (from AS#1, section 2.2.3):

"If a receipt is requested, explicitly specifying that the receipt be
signed, then the receipt MUST be returned with a signature. If a receipt is
requested, explicitly specifying that the receipt be signed, but the
recipient cannot support the requested protocol format or requested MIC
algorithms, then a receipt, either signed or unsigned SHOULD  be returned.
If a signature is not explicitly requested in the request for the receipt,
or if the signed receipt request parameter is not recognized by the UA, all
bets ar off--. In this case a receipt may or may not be returned." 

I break my questions down in parts:

1) "If a receipt is requested, explicitly specifying that the receipt be
signed, then the receipt MUST be returned with a signature."

This looks rather clear

2) "If a receipt is requested, explicitly specifying that the receipt be
signed, but the recipient cannot support the requested protocol format or
requested MIC algorithms, then a receipt, either signed or unsigned SHOULD
be returned."

Is this an exception to 1 ??. 
What protocol and what MIC does the text refer to, protocol and MIC of the
original EDI object or of the MDN receipt ?

3) If a signature is not explicitly requested in the request for the
receipt, or if the signed receipt request parameter is not recognized by
the UA, all bets ar off--. In this case a receipt may or may not be returned.

A collegue of mine asked me what "all bets are off" means, and I failed to
give an exact definition of that other than "the situation is unspecified".
Since we are Swedish and not American we don know the exact dynamics of
this kind of language.

What does it mean exactly ?

And further which UA does the text specify (Sender or receiver UA)?

Further, is this also an exception to 1). Given these exceptions maybe the
text ahould begin as follows:

"If a receipt is requested, explicitly specifying that the receipt be
signed, and the recipient have the capacity to support the request as
requested, then the receipt MUST be returned with a signature."

/Stefan
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Stefan Santesson                <[email-masked]>
Accurata Systemsäkerhet AB      http://www.accurata.se
Slagthuset                      Tel. +46-40 108588              
211 20  Malmö                   Fax. +46-40 150790              
Sweden                        Mobile +46-70 5247799

PGP fingerprint: 89BC 6C79 5B3D 591B 8547  1512 7D11 DBF4 528F 29A0
-------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "Shih,Chuck" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 18:56:10 -0400

Stefan,

Answers to your questions:

2). Yes this is an exception to the first statement, and it might be clearer
if the first statement read, "If a receipt is requested, and the recipient
can support the requested protocol format and the requested MIC algorithms,
then the receipt MUST be returned with a signature. Your wording, "If a
receipt is requested, explicitly specifying that the receipt be signed, and
the recipient have the capacity to support the request as requested, then
the receipt MUST be returned with a signature." is good as well.
The protocol and MIC are specified in the receipt request parameters set by
the sender as defined in AS#1.

3). It is interesting that the "all bets are off" was penned by Mats
Jansson, who I believe is Swedish as well. But you have it correct, the
situation is unspecified. Both UAs are affected, in the sense that the
receiving UA may or may not send a MDN back in this situation.

Hope this helps. I think if the first statement is clarified then we can
avoid the subsequent confusion. Thanks.   

> -----Original Message-----
> From:	Stefan Santesson [SMTP:[email-masked]]
> Sent:	Friday, April 16, 1999 4:12 AM
> To:	Rik Drummond; [email-masked]
> Subject:	Re: GISB, AIAG and AS2 Meeting and Preparation
> 
> Rik,
>

---

From: "Rik Drummond" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 11:56:29 -0500

The meeting is still on as below.  There is goods news and bad news :-)....
there is a lot of interest in the subject, but the meeting is getting bigger
that it should be to remain focused.

Is any one willing to host two conference calls of 15 participants for 1 to
2 hours in the next two weeks. If so. Please call me at 817 294 7339.....
Best regards, Rik

Place: Hyatt Dallas (East)/ Fort Worth Airport (972) 453-1234

Date: May 3-4, 1999

Cost: The attendees will split the cost of the meeting room.
	- Room $150 per day
	- Lunch each day is $19.50 per person in the room.
	- We will all split these costs. I would like for each of you
      just to pay me in cash and I will give you a receipt. Is that doable?

Attendees to date (Must sign up to attend):
	Dale Moberg, Gary Morin, Rik Drummond,
	Terry Harding, Randy Guck, Dick Brooks, Chuck Shih (I have not
      updated this list...  If you have contacted me you are on the cc:
above... don't worry.)

---

From: "John Tsucalas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 16:01:00 -0500

Ric,

Ok, so we might have to pay too much for lunch.  But, most of us really would
like a way to pay for these expenses via credit card. (What is cash anyway?).

John Tsucalas

---

From: "Terry Harding" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 19:26:45 -0700

Do not credit cards give cash advances.
That green stuff you know.

Terry

----- Original Message -----
From: John Tsucalas <[email-masked]>
To: Rik Drummond <[email-masked]>
Cc: Dick Brooks <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>;
<[email-masked]>;
<[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>;
<[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>;
<[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, April 19, 1999 2:01 PM
Subject: RE: FW: GISB, AIAG and AS2 Meeting and Preparation