Subject: RE: Last Call: MIME-based Secure EDI to Proposed Standard

From: "Paul V Ford-Hutchinson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 21:29:27 +0000

Greg Vesper wrote:
>"application/xml"
>"application/octet-stream"

Which are defined in AS1 where ?  Certainly not here ...

"3.5 RFC 1767 EDI Content [2]

   This RFC defines the use of content type "application" for ANSI
   X12 (application/EDI-X12), EDIFACT (application/EDIFACT) and
   mutually defined EDI (application/EDI-Consent)."

You can break any protocol you like.  EDI-INT is defined for EDI.

Paul

--
Paul Ford-Hutchinson :  eCommerce application security : 
[email-masked]
MPT-6, IBM , PO Box 31, Birmingham Rd, Warwick, CV34 5JL +44 (0)1926 
462005
http://www.ford-hutchinson.com/~fh-1-pfh/ftps-ext.html

---

From: "Kit (Christopher) Lueder" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 09:44:31 -0500

How about I propose an enhancement to AS1, to add MIME types of
"application/xml" and "application/octet-stream"? It sounds like a very useful
enhancement, to make AS1 more generally applicable.
Kit Lueder
MITRE.

-- 
    _/    _/             Kit C. J. Lueder       
   _/   _/         _/   The MITRE Corp.         Tel:  703-883-5205
  _/_/_/    _/  _/_/_/ 7515 Colshire Dr        Cell: 703-577-2463
 _/   _/   _/    _/   Mailstop W658           FAX:  703-883-3383
_/    _/  _/    _/   McLean, VA 22102-7508   Mail: [email-masked]
Worse than an unanswered question is an unquestioned answer.