Subject: possible features header in AS2

From: "Kyle Meadors" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 19:51:51 -0600

As AS2 has grown in acceptance and maturity, its interest and abilities has
spread beyond just secure EDI transfer. A draft for exchanging certificates
over EDIINT has been submitted for review, and members of PIDX/CIDX are
interested in sending multiple documents in an AS2 message through the use
of multipart/related structure. 

With this growth of features, what is the best way for implementations to
convey their feature support? AS2-Version header has been used since
compression was introduced, but this is very limited means of support
communication. Within the DGI interoperability test, a vendor suggested the
introduction of a Features header that could convey what the implementation
supported (e.g. Compression, CEM, etc.) to assist trading partners in
knowing the limits of their relationship.

What do the members of this work group consider of this idea or are their
other solutions to this need?

Kyle Meadors

Program Manager

Drummond Group Inc.

615.384.5006

-- 
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
Version: 7.0.300 / Virus Database: 265.7.1 - Release Date: 1/19/2005