Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ediint-compression-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Electronic Data Interchange-Internet Integration Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: CMS - Compressed Data Content within an EDIINT 'AS' Message
	Author(s)	: T. Harding
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ediint-compression-08.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 2007-6-11
	
The EDIINT(EDI over the INTernet) WG(Working Group) over several 
   years developed the following 'AS'(Applicability Statements): 
   AS1(RFC 3335), AS2(RFC 4130) and AS3(RFC 4823). These 'AS' 
   documents discuss methods for securely transferring 
   EDI(Electronic Data Interchange) and other electronic documents
   over the internet using different transfer protocols, SMTP(AS1, 
   HTTP(AS2) and FTP(AS3). 
   
   As more and more companies continue to use AS1, AS2 or AS3 to package
   their electronic messages, the EDIINT community is starting to see a
   dramatic increase in the size of files transferred between trading
   partners. Typical file sizes of 10k or less are no longer the norm as
   we start to see files larger than several megabytes(>500meg) 
   transferred between trading partners. 

   This document will explain the rules and procedures for utilizing 
   compression(RFC 3274) within an EDIINT 'AS' message. It will also
   discuss the procedures for building, parsing and computing the
   MIC(Message Integrity Check) value of a message which is returned
   in the MDN(Message Disposition Notification) receipt to the
   originator of the message.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ediint-compression-08.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-ediint-compression-08.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ediint-compression-08.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.