Subject: Re: [edu-discuss] Considerations for ESL participants

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 09:49:55 +0200

James & April,
One point to consider about calling consensus. If consensus is not properly documented, members of the opposing side may ask for proof. As a document editor, I ran into some problems when I made some decisions based on private mail.
John

-- original message --
Subject:	Re: [edu-discuss] Considerations for ESL participants
From:	"April Marine" 

I agree that our ideas are not far apart in the end.  In this case, I
think, the point you bring up is a good one to tie into the more general
"how do you, as chair, know what consensus is?" question, which of course
goes beyond language, as Spencer noted.  While it is up to the chair to
gauge consensus, I really think it must be done with information that is
generally available to the entire group otherwise, well, we don't want to
think about otherwise. :)

thanks!
A.

_______________________________________________
edu-discuss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-discuss