Subject: [edu-discuss] LaTeX methods

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 11:32:01 +0900

hi,

I am currently updating the Editor's training for Seoul.  One of the 
notes I got when I presented it last time was that I should could 
include mention of the LaTeX tools.
Well, after a bit of time looking for them, I just can't find them.

If anyone on this list can give me some pointers as to where to find 
explanations and tools, I would appreciate it.  I know they are 
probably somewhere obvious, but I just don't see them.

thanks

a.

_______________________________________________
edu-discuss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-discuss

---

From: Thomas Narten <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 07:11:11 -0500

> Well, after a bit of time looking for them, I just can't find them.

How about: "don't use latex, the tools are inadequate for the job.."

Seriously. I know of folk that have used them, and getting revisions
of documents has been a real problem in practice for some of those
documents. People seem to have home-brew scripts to generate ascii
text, of the form that can't easily be installed by other folk. When
authorship changes hands, big problem.

Thomas

---

From: David Meyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 08:08:56 -0800

>> authorship changes hands, big problem.

	FWIW, understanding that many folks are going to xml,
	I've been maintaining an nroff template for a bunch of
	folks with appropriately updated boilerplate, etc (I
	hope) on  

	   http://www.1-4-5.net/~dmm/generic_draft.tar.gz

	This is adpated from the original by Bill Fenner.

	Dave