Subject: [edu-discuss] DRAFT Training Schedule for Korea

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 15:11:26 -0500

Hi All,

I have attached the draft training schedule for Seoul.  This should
all be finalized within the next day or two.  Please let me know if
you have any comments or suggestions.

Thanks,
Margaret

Sunday, February 29, 2004
=========================

1300-1400  Newcomer's Training in English -- Location??  (Spencer Dawkins)

            An introduction to the IETF for new or recent IETF
            attendees.  Covers the IETF document processes, the
            structure of the IETF, and tips for new attendees to
            be successful in the IETF environment.

1400-1500  Newcomer's Training in Korean -- Location??  (ChangJoon Kim)

            An introduction to the IETF for new or recent IETF
            attendees.  Covers the IETF document processes, the
            structure of the IETF, and tips for new attendees to
            be successful in the IETF environment.

1300-1500  Editor's Training -- Location??  (Avri Doria)

            Training for current or aspiring IETF document
            editors.  Covers the roles and responsibilities
            of a document editor, and includes advice on
            producing a high-quality IETF specification.

1300-1500  Intro WG Chairs Training -- Location??  (Margaret Wasserman)

            Introductory training for new or aspiring WG
            chairs.  Covers the role and responsibilities of
            a WG chair, and includes advice on how to run a
            WG that is fair, open and productive.  This class
            is open to all IETF attendees.

1500-1700  Security Tutorial -- Location??  (Radia Perlman)

            All IETF attendees need to be aware of the security
            implications of our design choices.  This session
            offers a basic primer in protocol security, as well
            as advice on how to write the Security Considerations
            sections required for all IETF documents.

Wednesday, February 3, 2004  (Private, NOT on agenda)
===========================

1130-1300  WG Chairs Training Lunch -- Location??

            Using the I-D Tracker to track WG document
            status (Margaret Wasserman)
                - Understanding the document state machine
                - Introduction to the IESG balloting process
                - Demonstration and/or lab

            Includes lunch for attendees.

_______________________________________________
edu-discuss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-discuss