Subject: [edu-team] Query about team membership - include next IETF's presenters?

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2003 11:12:17 -0700

I just wondered.....

should we add presenters for an upcoming IETF to the team list when they 
are picked, or should we have a separate list that is "team + presenters" 
to discuss coordination of content for upcoming meetings?

                  Harald

_______________________________________________
edu-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-team

---

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2003 08:55:27 -0400

I'm not sure...  Let's talk about this on the call.

Presenters may change/expand over time, and I'm hesitant to do
anything that will build growth into the core team.

Right now, we have the following presenters (and/or people who
_might_ present regular sessions) who aren't on the core team:
Scott Bradner, Radia Perlman, Jeff Schiller.

To my mind, Radia would have the most to contribute of this
group -- for instance, she'd like to do a written version of
her "Miss Manners" talk, and I hear that she did a really
good job in the security tutorial.  But, Jeff has been
involved in IETF training since the dawn of time, and Scott
is, well, Scott Bradner (there are still some people in the
IETF who intimidate me).

So, it is possible that we could add all three of them to the
core team. But, what happens when we add another regular
session?

We will also (I hope) have some topical sessions in Minneapolis,
one for WG chairs, and perhaps one for participants.  These
would have additional presenters, who would only be involved
for one session.  So, they certainly shouldn't all get
"drafted" onto the core team, and whoever is in charge of
planning the topical session could primarily communicate with
them...

Margaret