Subject: [edu-team] revsed newbee - 2nd try to send

From: Scott O Bradner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 06:45:52 -0400

trying again - the 1st one never showed up

_______________________________________________
edu-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-team

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 10:09:05 +0200

Looks good. On the first IASA slide, could you add

   but has no authority over the standards process

or something like that.

Will Alain use these slides or a translation?

     Brian

Scott O Bradner wrote:
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>

---

From: [email-masked] (Scott Bradner)
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 06:24:04 -0400 (EDT)

>    but has no authority over the standards process

will do

> Will Alain use these slides or a translation?

I assume that someone will translate a set

Scott

---

From: avri doria <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 12:37:21 +0200

actually the process we used last time, and the one i recommend this 
time, is that the same set of english slides be used but that the 
presentation be in French.

a.

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 14:07:48 +0200

Does Alain know that (is he on this list?)

If not, somebody needs to tell him...

     Brian

---

From: avri doria <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 14:46:48 +0200

On 13 jul 2005, at 12.45, Scott O Bradner wrote:

> <63newcomers.ppt>

questions:

should iaoc be mentioned in slide 3?
should iaoc be mentioned under nomcom duties - slide 18?

it might also be useful to have some discussion of design teams under 
WG.  too many people, not only newcomers glorify them beyond their 
role.  i have spent a lot of time explaining the fact that design team 
recommendations are supposed to be just one among equals.

Also I figure you may need to have some discussion with Alain.  can you 
also discuss the issue of whether he would like a translation?  If he 
does, he would probably be the best person to do it.

thanks

---

From: "Spencer Dawkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 08:56:58 -0500

> Also I figure you may need to have some discussion with Alain.  can 
> you also discuss the issue of whether he would like a translation? 
> If he does, he would probably be the best person to do it.

Our mileage may vary, but the message to the Koreans was "we do 
business in English, if that's a problem, you need to work on at least 
reading English" - that's why we didn't translate the slides.

Spencer