Subject: Re: [edu-team] Edu team

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 09:38:55 -0400

Hi Lisa,

I've cc:ed the edu team above.  We do have tutorials scheduled for  
Hiroshima already, although we could check with the secretariat to see  
if another room is available for Sunday afternoon.

Margaret

On Sep 23, 2009, at 6:58 PM, Lisa Dusseault wrote:

> Hi Margaret,
>
> How do I get in touch with the EDU team?  Are all the presentations
> for Hiroshima filled up?  I'm preparing a presentation on using HTTP
> in protocol design
>
> thx,
> Lisa

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 10:56:38 +1200

Hi Lisa,

Can you summarise the approach? This does sound like an interesting
topic that crosses WG and Area boundaries, which is what we tend to
look for in EDU topics. Even if there's no slot for it in Hiroshima,
there's always Anaheim.

   Brian

On 2009-09-25 01:38, Margaret Wasserman wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> edu-team mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-team
>

---

From: Lisa Dusseault <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 10:25:13 -0700

Tim Polk is arranging for me to give some information and advice that
he feels would be valuable to the Security Area as they build
security-related protocols using HTTP -- such protocols are all but
forbidden by BCP56, and BCP56 doesn't give the kind of guidelines we
actually find useful today.  I am working on revising BCP56, and along
with that can give some training.

The revision to BCP56 will loosen the restrictions on using HTTP but
add more requirements on really being compliant with HTTP.  The
presentation will also offer architectural background and advice (what
does "RESTful" mean and how to achieve it) .

It may be just as well to plan on doing something for Anaheim that's
larger scope than the Security Area.

Lisa

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 09:31:16 +1300

Hi Lisa,

That all sounds like good stuff for a tutorial to me.
It's up to the EDU co-chairs to make the call however.

   Brian