Subject: [edu-team] Issue Tracking for WG Chairs?

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 00:23:07 -0400

For the WG chairs trainging in Hiroshima, what would folks think of  
having someone give a tutorial on issue tracking?  There are (at  
least) two aspects to this:  how to use issue tracking in general, and  
how to use the specific issue tracker software on the tools site.

Maybe we could get a panel of WG chairs that are successfully using  
issue tracking in their groups to talk about their successes and  
challenges, as well.

Thoughts?

Margaret

---

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 11:37:52 -0400

I just confirmed that I will be in Hiroshima, so I could do this  
presentation myself, if folks think that this is a good topic.  We  
used issue tracking very effectively in CAPWAP, so I have a good idea  
about how this can work well.

I'd ask Henrik to do a demo of the issue tracker on the tools site (if  
he is there), and I could track down a few other WG chairs who've had  
good success at issue tracking to recount their experiences.

Thoughts?

Margaret

On Sep 30, 2009, at 12:23 AM, Margaret Wasserman wrote:

> least) two aspects to this:  how to use issue tracking in general,  
> and how to use the specific issue tracker software on the tools site.
>
> _______________________________________________
> edu-team mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-team

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 09:34:56 +1300

It's a fine topic. Earlier we'd talked about me doing something on
IPv6 readiness, but I am more than happy to stand aside since I have
plenty of other prep to do. Just let me know.

Regards
   Brian

On 2009-10-01 04:37, Margaret Wasserman wrote:
> presentation myself, if folks think that this is a good topic.  We used
> issue tracking very effectively in CAPWAP, so I have a good idea about
> how this can work well.
>

---

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 20:50:49 -0400

Hi Brian,

Sorry, I forgot that we had discussed that topic...

I don't assume you'll be in Anaheim, so if you want to do IPv6 now, I  
could do issue tracking for Anaheim.

Margaret

On Sep 30, 2009, at 4:34 PM, Brian E Carpenter wrote:

>> used
>>> and

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 14:30:33 +1300

Actually I am already funded for Anaheim too. I'd just
as soon defer the IPv6 topic - but either way round
will work.

    Brian

---

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 21:35:34 -0400

That's great!

Let's do issue tracking this time, then, and IPv6 in Anaheim.

Margaret

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 14:47:50 +1300

Deal

   Brian