Subject: [edu-team] Additional Tutorial topic for Maastricht?

From: Mirjam Kuehne <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2010 10:30:59 +0200

Hi,

Martin Röhricht and Roland Bless contacted me and said they would be 
interested to give a tutorial on "Next Steps in Signaling" (related to 
the protocols developed in the NSIS WG). The WG is closing soon and they 
had hoped that they could provide that tutorial in Maastricht.

I told them that the list of tutorials has already been finalised. But 
it is not clear if Martin and Roland will be able to go to Beijing and 
since the WG is closing it would be good to do this as soon as possible 
(the WG chairs would also prefer that).

So, what do you think? Is it still possible to add this tutorial for 
Maastricht (would we even get a room?)? Or do we want to replace one 
with the signaling tutorial (just an idea)?

Let me know, so I can get back to them.

Cheers,
Mirjam

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2010 01:33:47 +1200

(Secretariat people not copied.)

Is there an argument that the IETF in general needs to know about NSIS
to assist the work of other WGs? I've always been a bit unclear about
the scope of applicability of NSIS except as a QOS signalling protocol.
If several other WGs might wish to apply NSIS to their own problems,
this would be a good tutorial topic. OTOH, NSIS has been many years in
development, so it doesn't seem urgent.

Regards
   Brian

On 2010-06-01 20:30, Mirjam Kuehne wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> edu-team mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/edu-team
>

---

From: Radia Perlman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 09:26:51 -0700

I'd be happy if we could replace the security tutorial this time with
that one, since the main working group I was planning on attending
will not be meeting, so then I would have the option of not going to
Maastricht at all.

I would actually prefer doing the security one in Beijing.

Radia