Subject: [edu-team] Newbies as reviewers of RFC2418bis (WG Guidelines)

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 09:45:26 -0700

Folks,

Hi.

Ralph and I have developed a draft that revises the WG Guidelines doc;
it does not propose any operational for formal changes.  Rather it seeks
to bring the document up to existing practice.  It also reorganizes the
document so it can better serve as both a tutorial and a reference.

For the upcoming meeting and its associated training activities, it
would be great to recruit additional, eager reviewers for the draft, by
citing it during any tutorials that cite the published RFC 2418.

That is, when mentioning the published doc, also mentioning that this
revision that's being circulated and that it very much needs comments.

The fresh eyes of newbies could be extremely helpful.

Thanks.

d/
-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: I-D Action: draft-crocker-rfc2418bis-wgguidelines-00.txt
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2015 09:24:10 -0700
To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

        Title           : IETF Working Group Guidelines and Procedures
        Authors         : Dave Crocker
                          Ralph Droms
	Filename        : draft-crocker-rfc2418bis-wgguidelines-00.txt
	Pages           : 48
	Date            : 2015-03-09

Abstract:
   IETF activities are primarily organized into open-participation
   working groups (WGs).  This document describes the formation,
   requirements, structure, and operation of IETF working groups.  This
   includes the formal relationships and duties of participants.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-crocker-rfc2418bis-wgguidelines/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-crocker-rfc2418bis-wgguidelines-00

-- 
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking
bbiw.net

---

From: Mirjam Kuehne <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 11:14:17 +0100

Hi Dave, thanks for sharing this with the Edu Team.

Margaret will be presenting the WG Leadership tutorial in Dallas. Maybe
it could be mentioned there?

Scott, do you also want to mention this during the Newcomers Tutorial?

Cheers,
Mirjam

---

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 09:51:45 -0400

> On Mar 16, 2015, at 6:14 AM 3/16/15, Mirjam Kuehne <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 

That would be great.  We could use the feedback from current chairs and the document, we hope, will clarify details of the process for WG chairs.

> Scott, do you also want to mention this during the Newcomers Tutorial?

It might be worth mentioning, but the document is not intended to be tutorial at a newcomer's level.

Thanks...

- Ralph

---

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 07:43:55 -0700

> It might be worth mentioning, but the document is not intended to be tutorial at a newcomer's level.

well... i'm hoping they can find it useful, too.

not a first document to read when trying to learn about the ietf, but
maybe a second, as they move from 'what is the ietf about' to 'how do i
participate in a working group' which automatically means 'how does a
working group work'.

d/