Subject: Re: [edu-team] PPT on "IETF Values and Unwritten Rules"

From: Vinayak Hegde <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2015 18:45:52 +0530

On Tue, Nov 24, 2015 at 9:09 PM,  <[email-masked]> wrote:
> EDU Team,
>
> I have put together a PPT on "IETF Values and Unwritten Rules".  This came
> out of a number of conversations that I had with mentees and also long time
> participants about unwritten rules.
>
> Please let me know what you think.   I have interest from one of the
> regional groups in using this as part of an outreach to their community.
>
> If you guys would like to, maybe we can do this as either an EDU or
> mentoring presentation in Buenos Aires.

This is quite good. I think this is really useful to a lot of people.
Having read the Tao of the IETF and other material oriented towards
new and young IETFers (less than 4 meetings), I think that this fills
in the gap quite nicely.

Couple of comments
1. In quite a few places, the word truth is used. That sounds
moralistic. Rather than we can use the word "facts". The IETF is a
logical engineering process. I think the word fact fits in better in
some places.

2. I think this can be presented to the ISOC fellow to the IETF as
well as it can benefit them. Maybe invite them by default.

I am chiming in quite late on this, so wanted to check if there is
another update on this. We can get some experienced IETFers to present
it locally (in India).

Thanks
Vinayak