Subject: [edu-team] Newcomers Tutorial at IETF 101

From: Mirjam Kuehne <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2018 10:11:08 +0100

Hi all,

Thank you very much for volunteering to help with the newcomers tutorial!

Some of you offered to help review the slides, but won't be at all the
IETF meetings. So as a first question, could you please let me know if
you will be in London on Sunday, 18 March, 12:30 - 13:30 and if you
would be prepared to co-present the newcomers tutorial there. We suggest
to have to least two people present together each time.

The most recent set of slides are here:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/100/materials/slides-100-edu-sessk-newcomers-tutorial

As you can see there is a lot of information to share in the one hour
tutorial slot.

For IETF 101 we could decide to simply update and re-use the slides we
have. We could then use the time until the next IETF meeting to discuss
if we want to revamp the tutorial more substantially.

Alternatively we could start from scratch now and try to create a new
slide set before IETF 101 that we are all comfortable presenting from
now on. What do you think?

I suggest for now we have these discussions on the Edu Team mailing list
so everyone is involved. We can decide later if we want to set up a
separate list.

Suggestions, questions, disagreements welcome :-)

Kind regards,
Mirjam

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2018 19:21:54 +0900

hi mirjam,

is this the only tutorial we need to worry about?

the slide deck needs work, luckily not a lot.  where is the source?

randy

---

From: Jane Coffin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2018 10:27:53 +0000

Hi Mirjam -

I will be there on Sunday.
I am likely the one with the least IETF experience of all the folks here, but happy to help out any way you like!

More thoughts after I review the slides.

Best,
Jane

Internet Society | www.internetsociety.org

Skype:  janercoffin

Mobile/WhatsApp:  +1.202.247.8429
On 2/1/18, 6:11 AM, "Mirjam Kuehne" <[email-masked]> wrote:

    Hi all,

    

    

    
    
    Kind regards,
    Mirjam

---

From: Mirjam Kuehne <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2018 11:35:23 +0100

Hi Randy,

> is this the only tutorial we need to worry about?

yes, for now that's what need to focus on.

> the slide deck needs work, luckily not a lot.  where is the source?

I am attaching the ppt from IETF 100. It contains a lot of speaker notes
that might be useful.

Mirjam

---

From: Mirjam Kuehne <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2018 14:09:33 +0100

Hi all,

An editable version of the most recent newcomers slides are now also here:

https://trac.ietf.org/trac/edu/wiki/Other

The presenter guidelines (v2) on that page might also be useful for
those who will be presenting the tutorial.

Kind regards,
Mirjam

---

From: Isabel Odida <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2018 17:12:59 +0300

Hi Mirjam,

I won't be attending but I can still help, yes?

Cheers,
Isabel

---

From: Mirjam Kuehne <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2018 15:39:56 +0100

Hi Isabel,

Thanks for letting us know. And yes, sure, you can help, for instance by
reviewing the slides.

Cheers,
Mirjam

On 01/02/2018 15:12, Isabel Odida wrote:
> On Feb 1, 2018 12:11 PM, "Mirjam Kuehne" <[email-masked]
> <mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:
> 
>     Hi all,
> 
>     <https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/100/materials/slides-100-edu-sessk-newcomers-tutorial>
>

---

From: Isabel Odida <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2018 17:53:27 +0300

Cool