Subject: [Emu] EMU Working group summary

From: "Salowey, Joe" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 21:15:49 -0800

EAP Method Update Working Group Summary
TUESDAY, March 21, 2006

1.  Strong Shared Secret Design Team Update

The goal is to develop a simple EAP method based on strong shared
secrets implementable is resource constrained environments. The approach
is to develop a method that is not based on TLS, only require the use of
symmetric crypto and operates between two parties. There is a desire to
minimize the number of cryptographic primitives necessary. Algorithm
agility is a requirement. 

+ First draft of strong shared secret for working group consideration
due before next IETF

2.  EAP-TLS bis

The goal is to bring EAP-TLS into standards track.  EAP-TLS is an EAP
mechanism based on TLS 1.x certificate based cipher suites with client
side certificates.  It shares the same algorithm agility and hash
function properties as TLS.  Working Group showed interest in
draft-simon-emu-rfc2716bis-01.txt and there was some consensus to adopt
draft as working group item.

+ People offered to review draft and provide implementation feedback 

_______________________________________________
Emu mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/emu