Subject: [Emu] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-emu-eap-gpsk-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 15:50:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the EAP Method Update Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: EAP Generalized Pre-Shared Key (EAP-GPSK)
	Author(s)	: C. Clancy, H. Tschofenig
	Filename	: draft-ietf-emu-eap-gpsk-01.txt
	Pages		: 29
	Date		: 2006-11-7
	
This Internet Draft defines an Extensible Authentication Protocol
   method called EAP Generalized Pre-Shared Key (EAP-GPSK).  This method
   is a lightweight shared-key authentication protocol supporting mutual
   authentication and key derivation.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-emu-eap-gpsk-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-emu-eap-gpsk-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-emu-eap-gpsk-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Emu mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/emu

---

From: Jouni Malinen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 21:21:47 -0800

This version of EAP-GPSK draft seems to resolve the key derivation
questions I had apart from one detail: how is PL to be represented in
the "PL || PSK || CSuite_Sel || ..." construction? As a single octet? As
two octets in network byte order? For now, I just assumed it is only a
single octet.

In addition, I noticed that chapter 2 is defined CSuite_Sel incorrectly:

   CSuite_Sel:
      Ciphersuite selected by the client (1 octet or 7 octets)

This should be replaced with
      Ciphersuite selected by the client (6 octets)

to match with chapter 7.2 ("Ciphersuites are encoded as 6-octet
arrays").

In addition, CSuite_SEL in 6.1.3 and 6.2.3 should have been CSuite_Sel
to remain consistent with the spelling in rest of the draft.

-- 
Jouni Malinen                                            PGP id EFC895FA

---

From: Charles Clancy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 17:45:51 -0500

Jouni,

PL is two octets.  Specifying that will be in the next revision.  The 
1/7 octets is left over from a previous revision -- we'll definitely fix 
that in the next revision too.

Thanks for all your work implementing EAP methods.  Your efforts are 
very helpful for bringing out bugs like these in the drafts.

-- 
t. charles clancy, ph.d.  <>  [email-masked]  <>  www.cs.umd.edu/~clancy