Subject: [Emu] CAPWAP and HOKEY interim meetings

From: "Charles Clancy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 13:01:25 -0500 (EST)

CAPWAP and HOKEY WGs,

The chairs of both CAPWAP and HOKEY feel an interim meeting between IETF
67 and 68 is necessary in order to meet their respective milestones.  Due
to a likely overlap in some participants, consecutive, co-located meetings
are suggested.

The chairs propose to hold a 3-day event (1 day for HOKEY followed by 2
days for CAPWAP) in the San Francisco Bay area the week of January 22. Due
to a preference of not traveling on weekends, meeting Tue-Thu (Jan 23-25)
is suggested.  Please send comments to the lists on the proposed schedule,
area, preference on dates, and which meeting(s) you're likely to attend. 
Also please indicate any possible overlooked conflicts with conferences
and other events.

If your organization would be interested in providing a venue to host the
event, please let us know.  In particular, we are interested in your
site's space availability, accessibility to visitors, guest Internet
connectivity, ability to provide lunch, and proximity to a major airport
and reasonably-priced hotels.

Thanks!

-- 
t. charles clancy, ph.d.  <>  [email-masked]  <>  www.cs.umd.edu/~clancy

_______________________________________________
Emu mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/emu

---

From: Lakshminath Dondeti <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 10:17:58 -0800

Not sure how the flight schedules work, but it would be good to have 
2 days for HOKEY too.  The evening between the first and the second 
days of the meeting can be used for offline discussions to come to consensus.

On hosting, does one have to host both meetings? :)  I can make a 
case for a HOKEY meeting in QUALCOMM.

regards,
Lakshminath

---

From: Madjid Nakhjiri <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 15:49:28 -0800

Hi Charles, 

Not sure why EMU is cced:) So I cc CAPWAP.

I appreciate the sense of urgency. Given that some of hokey deadlines are in
January, it was a bit unfortunate that we did not get to discuss hokey
future steps, but can we please specify what we want to achieve in this
meeting and possibly even more important define specific action items to be
completed before we start the meeting, since some of hokey deadlines are
actually right around the time of this meeting and the "meeting" itself
might hinder us from meeting the deadlines (I think I used as many double
meaning as I could:))

The hokey community has generated problem statements that have gone multiple
revisions and presented many times. I hope we don't want to go through those
presentations AGAIN. I personally think a quick rewrite/merging of the
existing documents will help us meet some of the deadlines we are facing
without the travel.

I personally have travel restrictions and would rather not do this trip and
we need to think about the effect of people not being able to show up given
that this meeting is an interim outside IETF schedule and whether we can do
conference calling instead. 

That said, if we are still planning to meet, and if there is a discussion in
CAPWAP that relates to hokey, then I suggest that such CAPWAP session is as
close in time to the hokey day, so we can minimize travel needs. If the
first is true and there is a need to coordination, I would suggest to have
the CAPWAP-hokey meeting on a half day next to hokey meeting day next to
day, e.g. if hokey is on Thursday, the CAPWAP-hokey meeting would be on
Wednesday afternoon.

Regards,

Madjid

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Charles Clancy
Sent: Friday, November 17, 2006 10:01 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [Hokeyp] CAPWAP and HOKEY interim meetings

CAPWAP and HOKEY WGs,

Thanks!

_______________________________________________
Hokeyp mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.opendiameter.org/mailman/listinfo/hokeyp