Subject: [Emu] EMU Summary

From: "Joseph Salowey \(jsalowey\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 10:02:20 -0800

EMU working group Summary

EMU met on Monday afternoon. Our first agenda item was RFC2716bis
(EAP-TLS) where much of the discussion of open items centered around
certificate handling.  This document is almost ready for WG Last Call,
which should be started later this month.  Our second item was GPSK
(generalized pre-shared key) where we had some discussion of key
derivation and NIST requirements for key derivation.  This document is
also close to WG group last call which should occur before the next
IETF.  For the third agenda item we discussed approaches for a password
based method that works with existing password databases. This
discussion centered around the choice of reusing existing methods or
trying to develop something new. There was a general feeling that we
should avoid doing something new.  We will be forming a design team
shortly after this IETF meeting to work on this method type.  Finally we
had lengthy discussion on enhanced EAP-TLS and how negotiation should be
performed.  There were some good ideas uncovered in this discussion
which will be discussed on the list.  

_______________________________________________
Emu mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/emu