Subject: [Emu] RFC 5216 on The EAP-TLS Authentication Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 16:34:43 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5216

        Title:      The EAP-TLS Authentication Protocol 
        Author:     D. Simon, B. Aboba, R. Hurst
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       March 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      34
        Characters: 71599
        Obsoletes:  RFC2716

        I-D Tag:    draft-simon-emu-rfc2716bis-13.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5216.txt

The Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP), defined in RFC 3748,
provides support for multiple authentication methods.  Transport
Layer Security (TLS) provides for mutual authentication,
integrity-protected ciphersuite negotiation, and key exchange between
two endpoints.  This document defines EAP-TLS, which includes support for
certificate-based mutual authentication and key derivation.

This document obsoletes RFC 2716.  A summary of the changes between
this document and RFC 2716 is available in Appendix A.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the EAP Method Update Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
Emu mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/emu