Subject: [Emu] Robert Wilton's No Objection on draft-ietf-emu-rfc5448bis-07: (with COMMENT)

From: Robert Wilton via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2020 04:40:59 -0700

Robert Wilton has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-emu-rfc5448bis-07: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-emu-rfc5448bis/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

One minor comment: I wasn't convinced that this paragraph was needed in the
abstract, and thought that it might be better if this was contained in the
introduction instead:

   EAP-AKA' differs from EAP-AKA by providing a key derivation function
   that binds the keys derived within the method to the name of the
   access network.  The key derivation function has been defined in the
   3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP).  EAP-AKA' allows its use
   in EAP in an interoperable manner.  EAP-AKA' also updates the
   algorithm used in hash functions, as it employs SHA-256 / HMAC-
   SHA-256 instead of SHA-1 / HMAC-SHA-1 as in EAP-AKA.