Subject: [Emu] I-D Action: draft-ietf-emu-tls-eap-types-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2021 06:07:12 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the EAP Method Update WG of the IETF.

        Title           : TLS-based EAP types and TLS 1.3
        Author          : Alan DeKok
	Filename        : draft-ietf-emu-tls-eap-types-03.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2021-06-22

Abstract:
   EAP-TLS [RFC5216] is being updated for TLS 1.3 in [EAPTLS].  Many
   other EAP [RFC3748] and [RFC5247] types also depend on TLS, such as
   FAST [RFC4851], TTLS [RFC5281], TEAP [RFC7170], and possibly many
   vendor specific EAP methods.  This document updates those methods in
   order to use the new key derivation methods available in TLS 1.3.
   Additional changes necessitated by TLS 1.3 are also discussed.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-emu-tls-eap-types/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-emu-tls-eap-types-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-emu-tls-eap-types-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Alan DeKok <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2021 09:10:23 -0400

This is to address John's review, and to do some minor cleanups and textual fixes.

  I think the document should be ready for last call.  There are multiple interoperable implementations (client and server).  I believe it's important to publish this document at the same time as updates to EAP-TLS.

> On Jun 22, 2021, at 9:07 AM, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Emu mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/emu

---

From: John Mattsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2021 08:39:38 +0000

I agree that the document is ready for WG last call.

John

From: Emu <[email-masked]> on behalf of Alan DeKok <[email-masked]>
Date: Tuesday, 22 June 2021 at 15:10
To: EMU WG <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Emu] I-D Action: draft-ietf-emu-tls-eap-types-03.txt
  This is to address John's review, and to do some minor cleanups and textual fixes.