Subject: SnmpAdminString for entmib

From: "Bert Wijnen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 99 00:06:57 DST

Ref:  Your note of Fri, 2 Jul 1999 12:05:50 -0700 (PDT)

Subject: Re:   SnmpAdminString for entmib

Randy writes:
>
> I think:
>    Support for languages beyond English is essential.
>    We should have changed these SYNTAXes long ago.
>    Deprecation of the OBJECTs is not necessary.
>    The interoperability impact of extending the syntax is
>    far less than that of creating new objects.
>
I (personally) find this thinking acceptable, especially given the
evaluation earlier on in Randy's message on the possible
consequences.

So I am willing to explore this. I think however, that this is then
a topic that needs dicsussion on a wider scale. We cannot decide
on this topic just as the ENTMIB group.

Randy, would you please bring this up on the MIBS mailinglist?
We should also put a ptr to this discussion in at least the SNMPv3
mailing list, and probably I should alert some APPS people who
often worry more about internationalization than others.

Bert