Subject: [Entmib] ENTMIB WG charter

From: "Wijnen, Bert (Bert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 11:50:26 +0200

Hello Entity MIB enthousiasts.

Keith has asked me to try and find a new WG chair.
And I have found a volunteer/victim: Margaret Wasserman.
I have spoken with her and Andy (who acts as main editor)
and we've come up with the following new charter.
Basically the same charter, with new milestones to try
and advance the mib to Draft Standard (DS).

If you have any comments on this, pls post to this list
or email me privately. I plan to try and get IESG approval next
week.

Bert
--- Proposed re-charter of ENTMIB WG ------------

Entity MIB (entmib) 

Chair(s):
  Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>

Operations and Management Area Director(s): 
  Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
  Bert Wijnen <[email-masked]>

Operations and Management Area Advisor: 
  Bert Wijnen <[email-masked]>

Mailing Lists: 

  General Discussion: [email-masked] 
  To Subscribe:       http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/entmib 
  Archive:            
    www.ietf.org/mail-archive/working-groups/entmib/current/maillist.htm 

Description of Working Group: 

  This working group is chartered to standardize a set of managed 
  objects representing logical and physical entities and the 
  relationships between them. Logical entities can occur when a 
  single agent supports multiple instances of one MIB, such as 
  RFCs 1493, 1525, or 1850 where each instance represents a 
  single (logical) device/entity. Physical entities are the actual 
  physical components on which the logical entities operate; 
  typically, the physical components exist in a hierarchy. 
  The set of objects will be consistent with the SNMP framework and 
  existing SNMP standards. 

  The scope of the defined managed objects should allow an NMS to 
  interrogate a standard SNMP context and thereby discover what 
  logical and physical entities exist, how to access the MIB 
  information of each logical entity, and the relationships between 
  the various entities. The MIB should support both a single agent 
  or multiple agents in one physical entity. The Working Group 
  should adopt a minimalist approach for the (initial) MIB so as 
  to maximize the chance of success, e.g., read-only. 

Goals and Milestones:
  Done    Post Internet-Draft for Entity MIB. 
  Done    Post updated Entity MIB Internet-Draft. 
  Done    Submit final version of Internet-Draft for consideration 
          as a Proposed Standard. 
  Done    Finalize scope of changes/augmentations to RFC 2037 
  Done    Post updated/new Internet Drafts 
  Done    Reach agreement on changes/extensions to RFC 2037 
  Done    Evaluate status of RFC 2037 and report to the IESG if 
          it should be recycled at Proposed or can be elevated 
          to Draft Standard. (Got recycled at proposed)
  Done    Submit Internet Draft containing Entity MIB Extensions 
          to IESG for consideration as a Proposed Standard. 
  Apr 01  Evaluate status of RFC 2737 and collect implementation
          and interoperability reports
  Sep 01  Recommend to the IESG if RFC 2737 can be elevated to 
          Draft Standard.
  Oct 01  Recharter or Shut down WG

No Current Internet-Drafts 

Request For Comments: 
  Entity MIB (Version 2) (RFC 2737) (125141 bytes)

_______________________________________________
Entmib mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/entmib